I just canned some deer cubes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been wanting to try this canning of meat in a pressure cooker.
Today I did 8 pint jars of cubed deer.
I lightly browned and lightly seasoned and then packed into jars.

I then seasoned and simmered a broth from what was left in the pan and covered the meat,, and this left 1" of head space.
Stuck the lids and rings on and into the preheated pressure cooker that had 2" of water in it.

I got it to 10psi and set the timer for 75 minutes. It stayed at 12.5 psi most of the time,, never below 11.
Time was up and I turned off the heat and let cool slowly without releasing steam.

Hope I did it right.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. We canned meat for the first time last year and it turned out great. Makes a really good quick stew if you ad some of the veggies you dehydrated.

Unfortunately my job has kept me from hunting the past few years so we canned beef we go on sale at Kroger.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys , I hope it is tasty.
I will open a jar today and test the flavor,, adjust spices if I need to and then do some quart jars, as I have a bunch of them.

Ok, so I opened one up and tried it.. WOW!
I have a feeling I will need more jars after tasting this super tender meat. I can't believe how tender it made these tough cuts of meat.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom