I know its been done before....Wolf Ammo, humor me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your experience with Wolf ammo.

• I have shot tons of it, no problems.

Votes: 68 28.5%
  • I have shot some of it, no problems.

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • I had nothing but problems with it.

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • Less reliable than most, but ok for practice.

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • I had some problems, but not more than any other ammo.

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • I just wanted to vote and feel important.

Votes: 46 19.2%

• Total voters

Coyote Charlie

New to the site!
Reaction score
Before I orderes my RRA Varmint A4 in .223 I talked to RRA and they told me not to put Wolf in my gun. They told me that the sealer they used would lay down in the barrel and was almost impossible to remove, so I don't shoot it.

Jim Thompson

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It Seems To Do Well If I Don't Shoot It Too Fast. I've Got About A 1000 Round Of The Stuff That Had A Laquer On It. It Tends To Gum Up The Works If You Shoot It Too Fast And Stop. I Won't Be Buying Anymore Of It Once It's Gone. I Don't Think The Accuracy Is All That Hot Either.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
HATE IT! rapid fire with 9mm and couldn't get half way through the mag without at least one misfire. Don't like the .223 for same reasons, left about 200 rounds in boxes in garage and ruined them. Lesson learned. Cleaning afterwards would be easier with a sandblaster. Heavy resin. L.J.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've run in through my mini-14 quite a bit. As everyone says, it's dirty. It's recommended to run a heavier firing spring if you use a mini, but I've polished the firing pin and the firing pin bore and it works fine. I've had a few FTE's with it, usually have to re-rack the slide and it'll grab and pull it out.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never used any pistol ammo from Wolf, but I have used it in .223 and 7.62x39.

My AR does not like the steel cased wolf, just won't cycle well, but then my AR is still new and very tight.
I ended up giving an uncle about 200 rounds of Wolf steel cased for Christmas, he has a Ruger (not sure what model) bolt action gun in .223 that will shoot this stuff just fine.

My SKS shoots it just fine, I get every round to go bang and I get decent accuracy out of it. Never, ever have I had a problem witht the Wolf ammo when shooting my SKS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom