I know its been done before....Wolf Ammo, humor me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your experience with Wolf ammo.

• I have shot tons of it, no problems.

Votes: 68 28.5%
  • I have shot some of it, no problems.

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • I had nothing but problems with it.

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • Less reliable than most, but ok for practice.

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • I had some problems, but not more than any other ammo.

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • I just wanted to vote and feel important.

Votes: 46 19.2%

• Total voters

ChrisC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i shot about 800 rounds through my bushmaster this past weekend as well as some remington.. i had a failure to extract with both the wolf and the remington... today i changed my extractor spring and put one of them D rings on it.. ill go test it out again..

accuracy? i can put them in the face of a CLEET target at 100 yards.. and in the small scoring ring of the same target at the same distance.. for 19 cents a round im happy enough..

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have shot 9mm, 40 SW and 45 ACP Wolf... and probably half a case of their 5.56x45... that went through a Mini 14.

So far,,,, all of it went bang and produced a hole in some offending paper, tin can or milk jug. I have never shot any of it over a chrony... but my ears and shoulder says some of the rounds may not be loaded with consistant charges... may that's just me though. Never had a squib, nor any swollen cases or any pressure signs from any of the Wolf yet.

Cleaning up after? Like hosing the coal stack in a powerplant. Wolf produces crap akin to using charcoal for propellant. I dont mind shooting it from a Mini... but would have to be pretty hard up to run it in any AR I cared about.

Latest posts

Top Bottom