I love my glock now range day 3/21/17

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Fom a buddy of mine .......

I wrapped sandpaper around a Sharpie marker. That's about the perfect size.

Start with about 80 grit. Switch to 180 grit when you've got it about where you want it.
Finish it with 240 or 320 wet-or-dry paper using water.
The finish will be very close to the untouched parts of the plastic. Now rub the edge of your nose or your forehead to get a little oil on your finger. Rub that on the sanded part and you'll barely notice it's been modified.

that would probably work as well. I just needed a little more diameter for my fat finger and I liked the control of using a longer piece of dowel while it was in the vise.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Did you round the edge on the side of the trigger guard? How much did you remove? (Guess)
Looks factory.

I just used the dowel and maybe hit the edge to smooth it out with the smooth paper. I didn't take as much off as most do because I don't like the look of the ones that have a lot taken off. I basically just sanded a few times and kept griping it until I found the sweet spot and then moved to the higher grit paper to smooth it out.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just used the dowel and maybe hit the edge to smooth it out with the smooth paper. I didn't take as much off as most do because I don't like the look of the ones that have a lot taken off. I basically just sanded a few times and kept griping it until I found the sweet spot and then moved to the higher grit paper to smooth it out.
It looks great and I too, am not looking at much of a cut. Just enough.
Again, looks like it was milled by glock works.

Latest posts

Top Bottom