1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

I need a new .40 sw

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Jbc, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Jbc

Jbc Marksman

All the lgs I've seen are overcharging and/or pricks so I do most of my shopping online and reload ammo. I've got the beretta apx 9mm and I do really like it. I was looking at the sw mp pro core optics ready and it looks pretty nice to me and not too expensive either. I was kind of wanting a sig 365 but I've got no experience with that company.

2. nic6

nic6 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    I have a pro but it isn't a 2.0 (well my wife has one that she stole from me which is why I have the FS with the apex upgrades) rant over. I really like the pro and I hear the 2.0 M&Ps are better. But an apex upgrade is quite awesome in an m&p

3. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    M&P pro is my .40 of choice. Apex trigger upgrade topped with a shake to awake RMR.
    Also have a Series 1 box stock M&P .40 as a truck gun that the manufacturer was almost giving away when introducing the Series 2. Weapon mounted light with integral laser on the rail.
    M&P have the same grip angle as the 1911 which I'm an aficionado of that platform.
    The lack of ammo outside of this current crisis shows it's still a popular caliber. Limp wristed shooters need not apply.
    If I wasn't so partial to M&P, I'd go with the FN-509 for EDC. Have one in the bedside.

nic6 likes this.
  4. rickm

rickm Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Here's a thought and what i did cause sometimes i like the 9 and sometimes the 40 so i got a G23 and then ordered a 9mm conversion barrel for it so now i have 1 gun that uses both calibers depending on what i want to shoot. For target practice you can load a 40 mag with 9mm but be prepared for some hickups its not 100% reliable, but i ended up getting some 9 mags to make it more reliable if needed to be.

nic6 and dennishoddy like this.
  5. AKguy1985

AKguy1985 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Sig 229 or M&P .40

6. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    The M&P platform can be converted to 9MM or .40 as well with a simple barrel and mag change.

kwaynem, RETOKSQUID and nic6 like this.
  7. nic6

nic6 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Few years ago I did similar, 357sig/40sw combo H&K P2000sk. Obviously 357sig and 40 mags are interchangeable. 9mm probably looking for issues.

dennishoddy likes this.
  8. rickm

rickm Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Yeah the 357 sig and 40 uses the same mags the 9 will work in them just has some feeding issues at times i have done it but like i said had issues but then it is good practice on clearing your gun when practicing

9. Jbc

Jbc Marksman

I do like the look of the mp and I saw a .40 core for a pretty reasonable price. I'd like to go rds but I cant afford the rmr so I'll likely go with the holosun. I've never used a rds but hear great things and I feel like I'd adjust quickly. All the different models of that ****ing confuse me too though haha. Wish I had a local gun store I liked. 2a in Tulsa actually had a pretty decent guy in there last time I was there I might go up there and see if they'll give me a rundown. I'm not sure how much it costs to rent a gun there but it might be worth it if reasonably priced.

10. Aries

Aries Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I haven't been in 2A in a few months, but it used to be $10 to rent a gun, but you had to buy their ammo to shoot. Or at least you couldn't shoot reloads, I don't remember which.