I need some soldering done...anyone got skills?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okkaps

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone around the OKC metro that can help me de-solder and solder on new volume knobs for two radios? I've got the parts, everything will be taken apart and ready to go for you. My soldering skills are really limited! PM me..thanks!

**EDIT**
Thanks for all the quick responses OSA'ers...very much appreciated!

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, back in the day in the military, one had to be certified to solder, expecially if it was on some sort of communications.
Its not hard. Make sure the copper is bright, and if not, scrape it with a pocket knife or something. Use a rosin core solder available at radio shack and a little heat. Back in the day, in the military we had to use candles to solder on the main frame. Soldering irons used on secure circuits were like antennas that could transmit. I'd fix you up if I were closer.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clean de-soldering is also important and can be tricky, particularly if the pots are board mounted...for most jobs I use Copper de-soldering braid.

I'm a pro and would gladly do it for ya', but there's that whole: You=OKC, Me=Tulsa thing goin' on.
Sorry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom