I stood in line today...for the last time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No offense to anyone here, I'm not a 'flipper', but IF YOU STOP BUYING IT, THEY'LL THEY'LL STOP TRYING TO SELL IT FOR THOSE PRICES. You do not need to put hundreds of rounds down range a month to stay proficient. It take lots of rounds to get proficient. But not to maintain. The army and marines don't put half the ammo down their barrels as most of you act like you need to. There is going to be an availability. Go out once a month or so and run a box through your carry piece. When prices normalize buy some to keep as stock, and replace as you shoot it. YOU ALL are responsible for helping to create this situation. I shoot maybe once a month and I can still shoot better than most....

DamnYankeeOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a friend who works at Walmart. Part of the reason so few boxes hit the shelves is the guys unloading the trucks set aside ammo as it comes in so they can buy it. Heard the same thing happens at Academy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No offense to anyone here, I'm not a 'flipper', but IF YOU STOP BUYING IT, THEY'LL THEY'LL STOP TRYING TO SELL IT FOR THOSE PRICES. You do not need to put hundreds of rounds down range a month to stay proficient. It take lots of rounds to get proficient. But not to maintain. The army and marines don't put half the ammo down their barrels as most of you act like you need to. There is going to be an availability. Go out once a month or so and run a box through your carry piece. When prices normalize buy some to keep as stock, and replace as you shoot it. YOU ALL are responsible for helping to create this situation. I shoot maybe once a month and I can still shoot better than most....

The problem is not the people that want to shoot to become proficient, it the folks that think screwing the shooting community to make a buck, is the problem. They can call it free enterprise all they want to justify their greedy need for a buck, but in the end it's all about screwing the shooting community.

For the record, I shoot at least one match a weekend, and have a 3 yr supply,so I'm not pissed off about any lack of ammo on my part.
I just hate to see my fellow shooters getting screwed by those that call themselves shooters.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem is not the people that want to shoot to become proficient, it the folks that think screwing the shooting community to make a buck, is the problem. They can call it free enterprise all they want to justify their greedy need for a buck, but in the end it's all about screwing the shooting community.

For the record, I shoot at least one match a weekend, and have a 3 yr supply,so I'm not pissed off about any lack of ammo on my part.
I just hate to see my fellow shooters getting screwed by those that call themselves shooters.

I've noticed some guys I regularly shoot matches with not getting to attend all they want now, due to ammo gougers and hoarders, they have to pick only a few matches to attend and make what little they have count.

Onslow

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Seems like fortune favors he who has nothing better to do than hang out at Wally World in the wee hours so he can get his grubby little gouger mitts on the few boxes that come in and are unloaded bright and early.

Theres more than 1 wahhmart.
I take time out of my sleep schedule to get up early and wait in line since i work till 11pm. Laying around sleeping all morning and them complaining about not having ammo would just be lazy.
For those of you talking about reloading, please show me how to reload .22lr.

Latest posts

Top Bottom