I think I'm in Lust. Tell me about the SOCOM-16.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, I am old guy, have standard M1A's for years, but what do you want to do with the SOCOM? I speak from more experience than others, maybe, oh well, what does an old guy know. I have had a SOCOM 16 since 2005 when they came out. Had a Scout before, well, I will never have another Scout. I have turned young ones on to the SOCOM easily. I have several with different optics and use them primarily for hog hunting, and that is the main thing for me. The Muzzle Brake is AWESOME. Now, if you wish to discuss more I would be glad to do so, but there are several people, members here, who I have obtained the '16 for them and they will not part with them. But then what do I know, KIDS?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an M1A and it's a very nice rifle, but I lust for a Parkerized SOCOM 16 with traditional dark red stained walnut stock.

The "traditional" dark red of a M1 / M1A walnut stock results from the oxidization of linseed oil applied to the stock years ago. Unless you're talking about using new furniture and not wanting to wait decades for that rich coloring :wink2:

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't mind my asking, what did you dislike about the Scout?

I would like to know as well. I love my 18" scout. Shorter than a standard and still uses all the standard parts on the business end. I will sacrifice the 2" for the interchangeability. It probably helps that mine is pretty damn accurate.

Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a friend that bought a SocomII, oddly enough he lived in Lawton too. We all drooled over it being the work of functional art it is. But man-o-man, what an incredibly expensive range toy it was lol. I remember it being really heavy and expensive to feed, 308 back then was like $9/box, but I could see it being a good fit for pigging and junk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom