Ice Storm Preps ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatTerrier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol, i get a little carried away with my wood stove, hit 94 degrees once during snowmegeddon.

Wife went nuts, had doors open, widows open, then turned attic exhaust fan on. I was sooo proud of that fire.

LOL....its kinda like when yer on a road trip and you make it from A to B in ten minutes less time than you did last time, you just hafta brag about it!! lol

Bunny, do u prefer a heat sucking fireplace to a wood stove? Or do you just have somethin against fires?? :nono1:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL....its kinda like when yer on a road trip and you make it from A to B in ten minutes less time than you did last time, you just hafta brag about it!! lol

Bunny, do u prefer a heat sucking fireplace to a wood stove? Or do you just have somethin against fires?? :nono1:

LOL, Nah, Rat, I don't like the fireplace either. I bought this house in 1999. GC and I married in 2001. We did not build a fire in the fireplace until Dec. 2007 ... :lookaroun

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL, Nah, Rat, I don't like the fireplace either. I bought this house in 1999. GC and I married in 2001. We did not build a fire in the fireplace until Dec. 2007 ... :lookaroun

You two have been married 11 years? How come I haven't seen you two featured in a "domestic disturbance" on COPS??

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, during the ice storm a few years ago, (after the firemen left due to the gas heat problem) I was pretty down.

Mr. Survival was screwing the pooch right and left.

I had had one generator commit suicide on me. My central gas heat was out of commission because of a backdraft that burned up a wiring harness and the temp was dropping. I had an electric heater for the one room, but it wasn't really enough. It was 1:00 in the morning and I was feeling like I had let my family down.

Grabbed a bunch of logs from the pile and started a fire in the fireplace. Hadn't needed one before because I had the power for the gas heat blower.

Pulled the couch across the floor so I could rest my feet on the hearth.

That fire was GREAT. Amazing how my spirits lifted.

(insert Tim Allen sounds here) Me Caveman. Me build fire. (more Tim Allen sounds). Fire Good!!! Fire Warm!!!

Dave

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That fire was GREAT. Amazing how my spirits lifted.

(insert Tim Allen sounds here) Me Caveman. Me build fire. (more Tim Allen sounds). Fire Good!!! Fire Warm!!!

Dave

img.youtube.com_vi_IS7Og1zvdy8_0.jpg

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
One of the best preps for heat are the old gas stoves with the open flame and fire bricks. Easily modified to hook up to propane. Few feet of copper tubing, couple of fitting and presto.

Latest posts

Top Bottom