Ice Storm Preps ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrBaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those who use generators, have you looked at doing a natgas conversion? I'm considering it so I will have a much easier time feeding the gen.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh dear Lord, I HATE wood burning stoves ... But you know, if it was than or nothing, I'd snuggle right up! LOL

Good thread. Reminds me it's time to refresh the winter preps. Oh man, I love wood stoves...but having little ones around they would terrify me!

Heating: We've got the genny to run the blower on the gas furnace...all good unless the gas goes out. Fireplace for backup and marshmallows (might as well make it fun). Plenty of warm sleeping bags, wool blankets and poncho liners.

Cooking: Coleman camp stove with a 20lb tank adapter...set her right on the range top and cook as normal.

Hygiene: Gas hot water heater or worse comes to worse boil some water.

Most important: Sleds, whiskey, and a metal pole to dare my six year old to stick his tongue on.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those who use generators, have you looked at doing a natgas conversion? I'm considering it so I will have a much easier time feeding the gen.
I am looked into it, but I just bought a new generator and don't want to void the warranty. I did buy one of the inverter types. I wanted clean power, lower noise, and better fuel consumption. I don't know if I will go to the trouble after my warranty runs out or not.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need a stealthy generator mines so loud everyone in the hud knows its running, love to have a quiet running honda generator converted to natural gas
Don't forget the Yamaha inverter type of generators. I just got a Yamaha 4500ISE and really like it . It is quiet and runs a lot longer on a gallon of gas than my old generator. You can get a tri-fuel kit for it. However if you do that you will void the warranty. I bought mine from Amazon and things went very well. That thing is heavy though, 198 lbs without gas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom