IDPA at Okc gun club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you be interested in shooting IDPA the 3rd Sunday of the month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im assuming you are going to be the head, Mark? ie running the matches? Dont take this the wrong way, please, but what kind of experience do you have shooting IDPA or designing courses of fire for matches? Have you ever shot an idpa match? Does IDPA have any kind of advanced class that trains you for stage design? Im sure the guys at ussa's IDPA and buzzdraw from oil cap would be willing to help out in some way.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im assuming you are going to be the head, Mark? ie running the matches? Dont take this the wrong way, please, but what kind of experience do you have shooting IDPA or designing courses of fire for matches? Have you ever shot an idpa match? Does IDPA have any kind of advanced class that trains you for stage design? Im sure the guys at ussa's IDPA and buzzdraw from oil cap would be willing to help out in some way.
Mark has asked for help and I will assist. He is in possession of my IDPA COF library of some several hundred COF's. I plan to mentor him and the other new OKC area SO's. My plans are to see how many experienced SO's I can enlist from other parts of the state to come help OKCGC kick off their first several matches. It will be okay and a grand adventure to boot.

penman53

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Once we get up and running (might take a month or two to get SO's trained and such) the match will be on the 3rd Sunday of the month sign up will be at 9:00 to 9:30, walk thru at 9:30 to 10:00. With the match starting at 10:00. We should be done by 1:00 so you people that like to go to church on Sunday can go to evening services. Have to do it in the morning because the summer months would be brutal. I have been told. I know the bullseye matches in the summer are cut short for the same reason and they are under cover except when scoring targets.

penman53

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hi Mike, I shot IPSC of course and I have only fired a couple of IDPA matches at Hinton when the Firing Pin was in business. I have gotten about 35 or 40 stage scenarios from Jack in Tulsa and he is going to be a tremendous help in putting on these matches for at least 2 or 3 iterations. I was hoping to get some people from the gun club that would be willing to step up and assist in match director duties especially if this takes off like I think it will. Especially when some people don't want to shoot on a Sunday morning I could see us having more than one match a month provided it would not interfere with USPSA, ICORE and Cowboy Action. I will talk to the board about that on the 4th of Feb and get out a notice in the primer looking for volunteers with hopefully more IDPA experience to help me get us over the hump. You feel like helping out bud?

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Mark has asked for help and I will assist. He is in possession of my IDPA COF library of some several hundred COF's. I plan to mentor him and the other new OKC area SO's. My plans are to see how many experienced SO's I can enlist from other parts of the state to come help OKCGC kick off their first several matches. It will be okay and a grand adventure to boot.

Jack, thats wonderful!!

Ill help when I can.

Latest posts

Top Bottom