IDPA at USSA 10/11/14

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camcow2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several things:
1. Our October 2014 monthly USSA match will be this coming Saturday, 11 October. Remember this match will include the Classifier as part of the match so bring 150 rounds. This match will be scored using the 3 other stages, but your Classifier scores will be up loaded to IDPA website making you good for the next year! We are back to our non-dog days of summer sign in time, so 9-10 sign in time on Saturday. And if you can help set up we will be there Friday afternoon about 3 or so. Match fees are waived for those who can assist with set up. Depending on what weather liar you believe, it may rain Friday but is supposed to clear on Saturday, hopefully! I have fingers and other body parts crossed! You all do the same please?
2. Looking for a regional IDPA match? On Saturday October 18, CASA (Central Arkansas Shooting Association) will be holding their 2015 “Fall Brawl” at the CASA range located west of Little Rock. Many of us from OK have gone to their matches in the past and they are fun matches to shoot in. To get the entry form go to the www.casarange.com website. That same weekend about 6 or so of us from OK are going to the Kentuckiana Kolonel match outside Louisville, KY. If you elect to go to AR, then safe travels, and safe travels to us heading towards IN and KY!
3. Potential BAD NEWS for the Stars & Stripes Regional match scheduled for November 8, 2014 at USSA. As of today I have a whopping 23 competitors signed up for the match and barely enough SOs and staff to run it even with a reduced number of entries. If I do not see a vast number of entries coming in in the next 7-10 days I will have to cancel the match as I do not even have enough to come close to breaking even financially, unfortunately. It is not “officially” cancelled yet, but to be honest but it does not look promising at this point. If we do have to cancel it I will ask if you want your match entry returned or if you want it applied to the 2015 OK State Championship match on 14 March 2015, and the match fee will be the same.
4. Many IDPA shooters, after the Nationals, say “the heck with it, I don’t care until next calendar year.” And it is also hunting season, etc. As the saying goes it is what it is I’m afraid, but I am remaining optimistic at least for the next 7-10 days!
5. Hope to see you at USSA Saturday!

Peter Navesky
USSA IDPA Co-Chair
Club C0530
202-341-0537 (Cell)
[email protected]

as always I'm just posting Pete's email. I understand not getting "Stars and Stripes" entry in before now he'll get mine on Friday for several reasons and I'm AMD.

Jay Dougherty, USSA IDPA co-chair

Latest posts

Top Bottom