IDPA at USSA 2/11/12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camcow2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If any of you would also like to shoot a Classifier let me know please, but be advised we would not do the Classifier until after the match. Our match will have 6 stages requiring a total of approx 100-120 rounds. If you need to shoot the classifier remember that will require an additional 90 rounds for it! A total of 200 rounds should get you through both, lest ye be trigger happy during the match that is!

And for those who may have questions about the need to shoot a Classifier – IDPA requires that you shoot in a Classifier one every 12 months in each Division that you elect to shoot in, ESPECIALLY if you are going to compete in Sanctioned IDPA matches such as the coming “Badlands” in April at Oil Capital, or any of the others coming up in our area (MO, AR, TX, etc) in the next several months. Any Classification you hold must be less than a year from the date of that match you are going to shoot, so if you plan on shooting in the Badlands in April 2012 but you last Classified in March 2011, you will need to Classify again prior to Badlands . Also, remember that one must also be an IDPA member to compete in any of those sanctioned matches. Clear as mud?

Sign in will start around 0830 and first squad should be heading for the Bays by 0900 or so.

Remember to keep that New Year’s resolution to “Shoot More IDPA” alive and well now!

See you Saturday!

Pete Navesky

USSA IDPA

Sam Shoun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do I have to shoot in the match to shoot the classifier? I can't make it in the morning or I would be there.

Also, I'm not an IDPA member yet--can I join online and be good to classify immediately, or do I have to wait for a card or something?

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thinking about it, but i'm a wennie in cold weather. I guess I can find out if I can shoot with gloves on.

I think they can hold your score from the qualifications until you get your number in the mail. That's what I did last year, but I qualified at Oil Capital.

Bevenue

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to come out and watch just to see about it.

Just bring your great attitude, gun, mags, holster, mag pouches, and ammo. You can watch when your waiting for your turn to shoot.

Honestly I think I would get intimidated just watching. We have great shooters that will show up, including instructors and other great shooters (masters, experts). If your not sure of something, rules and/or skills, just ask them. Even the instructors will give you pointers, if you ask.

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No mag pouches. Hell i haven't even read the sticky up top yet. How many people do you think will show up? Will be in the teens in the morning.

camcow2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we have an update here. Jay

My earlier e-mails have said we start signing shooters in at 8:30. MY BAD! PLEASE NOTE: The Club House does not actually open until 9:00 a.m. PLEASE adjust your arrival time accordingly! Thank You!

We will be setting targets first thing and then we will start signing shooters in at 9:00 a.m. with the first shooters able to go out around 9:30. We will continue to sign shooters up until 10:00 so feel free to let it “warm up” as much as possible before you venture out to shoot!

Darrell and I have 6 fun stages set, one of whijhc incorporates the Texas Star. We hope these will warn the blood as it will be a bit nippy tomorrow! PLEASE dress warmly!

Pete Navesky

USSA IDPA

Latest posts

Top Bottom