Idpa at ussa 4/14/12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camcow2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a reminder that the April USSA IDPA match will be held next Saturday, April 14th. We’ll shoot 6 stages and a reminder that this will be the last area match prior to the Badlands Regional/OK State Championship IDPA match on 28-29 April.

And as usual – sign in starts at 9:00 a.m. and runs until 10:00 a.m. with first squads going out by 9:30. Bring approx 150 rounds of ammunition, and also if anyone needs to shoot the IDPA Classifier after the match let me know by replying to this message please. If you do also need to shoot the Classifier you’ll also need 90 rounds of ammunition for that.

Thanks!

Hope you and I hope this finds you and yours enjoying a relaxing and happy Easter weekend!

Pete Navesky

USSA IDPA

once agin i just post the email he sends out. Jay

okorpheus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there any kind of orientation or safety check I need to show up early for? I found a match registration form at ussa's site but this event isn't listed, do I need to sign up ahead of time?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nah, sign in is from 9-10AM. Just show up and let them know you're a new shooter to IDPA and USSA. All you have to do is make sure your pistol is holstered, hammer/striker down on an empty chamber with no magazine inserted in the mag well. Then follow the directions of the Safety Officer for your squad (you can gear up after you sign in if you want). As a new shooter, you'll get to shoot each stage last in your squad, giving you time to ask questions and figure out the requirements. It's always good to review the rulebook at idpa.com and check out some youtube videos on "USSA IDPA".

camcow2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
heres an update from Pete.

Folks - a fairly significant rain/thunderstorm event is predicted to hit central and eastern OK beginning late Thursday and running through Sunday morning. Darrell and I are planning on setting up for the match Friday after work. If it is raining Friday we will defer to setting up on Saturday morning. Pay close attention to the weather reports on Friday night. Saturday if you get up and it is raining I recommend you either 1) roll over and go back to sleep, or 2) offer to take your significant other out to breakfast and steel yourself for working that list of indoor "honey do's" as we will cancel the match.

IF we have to cancel this Saturday's IDPA match all will not be lost! Remember that next SUNDAY, April 22, 2012 is the John Zane "Outlaw IDPA" match. This match is to help raise funds for John's expenses following his motorcycle accident last year. Sign in for that match will be from 9-10 that morning. At the moment I do not know how many stages will be in that match but I'd recommend you bring a minimum of 200 rounds. If you need more info please call USSA. If you have competition gear like used in IPSC "modified" divisions you will be able to use that gear at the John Zane match unlike "normal" IDPA matches!

Everybody do your "sun dance" now, you hear?

camcow2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use this link a lot at work. The storm cells are beginning to pop up in SW OK as we "speak" and unfortunately they are turning lots of colors other than "green" which is not a good sign! But then again, welcome to Oklahoma?

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?animate=true&location=USOK0537

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Folks - The IDPA Gods may indeed be smiling! According to the National Weather Service (and just when are weathermen EVER wrong?) we are supposed to get rain/thunderstorms this evening followed by a break between storm systems in the morning before they restart again tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Darrell and I are planning on setting up for the match later this afternoon after work.

HOWEVER - the chance for tornadic storms is fairly high with the coming systems. The type of systems coming in are the types that will develop storm cells versus just rain all over. So PLEASE BE CAREFUL and PLEASE BE AWARE of the weather wherever you are going to be this weekend!

You all know this is a Catch-22! We'll be there Saturday morning with the intent to hold the match. I leave it up to you as to whether you want to make the commitment to come out to the range, especially those of you who are road tripping in from outside the Tulsa area.

Pete Navesky
USSA IDPA

Latest posts

Top Bottom