IDPA CDP questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope this will be the last question, since it is Friday and I will be shooting on Sunday. So I currently have 2 Wilson Combat 8rd mags, 1 Wilson Combat 10rd mag, and 1 stock mag 7rd mag. I went out this morning to try and get one more 8rd mag and no luck. My question is can I use a combination of the 10rd mag and 2 8rd mags for a match? My thought is put 9 in the 10rd one and use it as the first mag on all courses of fire. Any thoughts or suggestions.

Oh I forgot I do have another gun to shoot but would be ssp instead of cdp so it is not like I can not shoot, just could not shoot the gun I want.

Since it's a local and not a sanctioned match, use the 10 round mag as your "loader mag", then swap in one of the 8 rounders to start the stage. Put the other 8 rounder in the front mag pouch and the 7 rounder in the back. It's unlikely that you'll need all 24 rounds in the gun and on your belt on a single stage, as the max round count is 18 per string of fire. So long as you don't shoot a lot of extra rounds on a stage, you'll be fine.

I'm not sure if I'll be at the Sunday match yet. I have a little storm damage to clean up. If I do, I'll bring an extra 8rd ETM mag.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope this will be the last question, since it is Friday and I will be shooting on Sunday. So I currently have 2 Wilson Combat 8rd mags, 1 Wilson Combat 10rd mag, and 1 stock mag 7rd mag. I went out this morning to try and get one more 8rd mag and no luck. My question is can I use a combination of the 10rd mag and 2 8rd mags for a match? My thought is put 9 in the 10rd one and use it as the first mag on all courses of fire. Any thoughts or suggestions.

Oh I forgot I do have another gun to shoot but would be ssp instead of cdp so it is not like I can not shoot, just could not shoot the gun I want.
Use what you have for the meantime. We aren't that picky at local matches as newer shooters acquire the gear they need. Whatever you do, don't go just buy something; buy what you really want/need.

I'm sure that Sunday's match director will have no issue with you running what you have for now.:wink2:

Oil Capital Match Director

Latest posts

Top Bottom