IDPA questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to try to shoot an IDPA match, most likely the next one at USSA. I guess my big question is do I need to shoot in a classifer match before I can shoot at a match? Or can I classify at a match,? or does it matter when you get started? I am just trying to figure out what I need to do.
Thanks!

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With your Mannford location, I'm reasonably sure that you're looking for a Tulsa area IDPA match. IDPA at USSA normally shoots the 2nd Saturday monthly. IDPA at Oil Capital (east of Broken Arrow) normally shoots the 4th Saturday, however in December will shoot the 3rd Saturday.

Either will welcome you to shoot without having shot the Classifier. Both will encourage you to shoot the Classifier as soon as your schedule permits AND one is offered.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like Buzz wrote, you can shoot either club match without shooting a classifier. If you want a classifier before or after the December USSA match (weather permitting), shoot me a PM a few days ahead of time. Too bad you missed this month's match, we had the classifier as part of the match itself! :)

acp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I saw that the classifier and the match were held together last weekend. Unfortunately I did not have enough magazines or a holster for the pistol I want to shoot. I went to the gun show to get them. Otherwise I would have been there. Just bad timing!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I saw that the classifier and the match were held together last weekend. Unfortunately I did not have enough magazines or a holster for the pistol I want to shoot. I went to the gun show to get them. Otherwise I would have been there. Just bad timing!

No problem, we'll get you taken care of.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Like Buzz wrote, you can shoot either club match without shooting a classifier. If you want a classifier before or after the December USSA match (weather permitting), shoot me a PM a few days ahead of time. Too bad you missed this month's match, we had the classifier as part of the match itself! :)

I want to classify in SSR!
:D

Slammer

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
2300 N Lincoln Blvd, OKlahoma City, OK 73105
So someone thats never shot competitively i can can have no idea what i am doinf and compete?

The 3 or 4 guys talking above have no idea what their doing most of the time and they run the matches;). Lol! Their are 5-10 new shooters at every match. Get out to the range and try a match. It will be the best most fun time you have probably ever had with your gun.

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So someone thats never shot competitively i can can have no idea what i am doinf and compete?

YES!!!! We will never let anyone begin a stage without first making sure that the shooter is comfortable with the process and fully understands what to do and, possibly, how to do it efficiently and safely. If you are not comfortable drawing from a holster we will let you start from a "low ready" position. The important thing is to get started and have fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom