IDPA questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So someone thats never shot competitively i can can have no idea what i am doinf and compete?

Heck, we all don't know what we're doing from time to time! I watched Sgt. Glenn Eller goof a couple of things during a shooting exhibition a few weeks ago, and he's an Olympic Gold Medalist!

The biggest reason most people refuse to come shoot their first match is the fear of looking foolish or inept. What they don't realize is that every one of us who's done it for any length of time have been there, done that. We just laugh about it, learn from the experience and keep on shooting. When you learn to relax and recognize that none of us are perfect shooters, it makes it a LOT more enjoyable. :)

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So someone thats never shot competitively i can can have no idea what i am doinf and compete?

One of my pet peeves is people who won't come to a match until they feel they have the perfect rig and can win first time out. I've had people call me for months asking advice on guns, ammo, holsters, belts, suntan oil, favorite soda, ad nauseum.

On the other hand, a Swedish visitor who never heard of IDPA before and had only shot at a firing line came to our match this month and had a wonderful time. Shot a borrowed revolver and started from the low ready position.

JUST GO, ALREADY! :D

FireproofD3:25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With enough notice we can usually get once set up for you on our regularly scheduled date. You can shoot it after the match and it takes about 15 minutes.

Just got my IDPA membership kit early November, I will be at the shoot in December and would love to get classified if it's not too much trouble for y'all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom