IDPA Sat Nov 17th OCR&GC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oil Capital’s monthly Saturday IDPA match is this Saturday, November 17th. Set-up begins at 0730, sign-in at 0900 and walk-thru promptly at 1000. Match fee is $12 ($10 for OCR&GC members). Expect 100-125 required rounds or so for the match. This November 17th date is in lieu of our regular match date, which would have been the 24th; no match on the 24th.

Facility location link http://www.ocrgc.com/?q=node/44

In addition to 2-3 other regular stages, we will shoot the Postal match; see link http://www.idpapostalmatch.com/home.html
Link will take you to Official Postal site, there to see pictures of stages, stage descriptions, etc. If you have already shot the Postal in one Division, you may shoot it in another.

Following the main match, we’ll shoot a BUG Gun match. Match fee for it is included in the main match. Don’t know what a BUG gun is? Go to the IDPA rulebook for a definition. We will follow the IDPA rulebook for allowable guns, calibers, COF criteria, etc. Per the rulebook, guns will be loaded with 5 rounds only, with any required reloads (yes, there will be some) to be done off the clock. No stage will require a start from the holster; gun will start in IDPA box, in the hand, under a towel, in a briefcase, etc. Ammo carriers will not be required. Extra mags will not be required; expect to load some loose ammo into an empty mag off the clock. Distances will be modest; 15 yards and less, a lot less. Should not take more than 50 rounds to complete the COF’s unless you miss a LOT.

We did shoot on Sunday the 11th, despite the rain. Per a choice of the shooters present, we set up two stages with Texas Stars and Pepper poppers, which we shot under big umbrellas until we either ran out of ammo or got tired. You can expect that we WILL offer a match on scheduled match dates. If the roads are too snowy or nasty to come to the match, then you get a pass to stay home to reload or dry-fire. In only a couple instances in the past 10 years have I actually cancelled a match. The last time, we had 20” of snow of the ground and I cancelled at least 24 hours in advance. You can expect the trend to continue.

Match Director

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Augh, I saw this just now. I'm curious to see what an IDPA match is all about, and it was a nice day for it. Oh well, next time.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where are scores for OCRGC IDPA matches posted?
Normally within 1-2 days of the match, I send them out via BCC email to the shooters. I have to find the 3 hrs or so that it takes to crunch the numbers and then post. Tomorrow starts at 0430, as did today; long days that are full of "must does". Probably Monday you'll get your email with the results. I announce it here after its sent out.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to all for making it out to the match. Results are posted as a BCC email to the shooters. Attachments were included, so check your spam catcher(s) if you have settings cranked down extra tight. If you don't get your results, please PM me.

The main match included the four stages of Postal Match 2012. The results of the Postal will be going into the Postal central administration center in a few days. Additionally we shot our inaugural BUG Gun match on November 17. A good thing to wring out those carry and personal defense guns. Thanks Paul B for running it. Based on the turnout, we’ll have more BUG Gun matches in the future. We will pre-announce dates to pick good shooting weather.

For the main match Paul B shot a strong low score. Dan W shot his entire match strong hand only, due to ongoing recovery from arm surgery; good to see you able to shoot Dan.

For the month of December, we’ll have our usual two matches. First one will be on Sunday December 9. The Saturday match comes on December 22nd.

Normally I schedule a one-day IDPA Safety Officer class for a date in February. I cannot do that this year, due to the new rule book release impending. The new rule book will be released sometime in the future months, initially for member comment, then finalized. After those two steps are done, then the SO teaching materials will have to be updated. I am unoptimistic that these steps will occur before Badlands 2013. Badlands 2013 is April 28-29. I’m not expecting a strong possibility of a SO class until at least the 2nd quarter of 2013, possibly into the 3rd or even 4th quarter.

Keep Safe!

Latest posts

Top Bottom