IDPA Sunday July 13 Oil Capital

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sunday July 13th is your next regular IDPA match at Oil Capital. Set-up commences at 0730, sign-in begins at 0900 and safety meeting/stage walk-thru promptly at 1000. Entry fee is $12 ($10 for OCR&GC members). This will be a 6 stage match with around 100 required rounds.

Location link http://www.ocrgc.com/?q=node/44

General info link http://www.ocrgc.com/?q=node/394

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may try to come down tomorrow to see the match, if spectators are allowed. I can find the place on my own, but I gotta say, that map posted drives me nuts. I'm sorry if you designed it, I can hardly makes heads or tails of it. And this from someone who is very familiar with Tulsa, having lived there for a year, and pretty familiar with BA, as well. But that map is driving me batty, even with Google Maps pulled up next to it for reference.

Anyways... I'm not complaining, I'm just giving you the perspective I have as someone who's never been to the club and trying to locate it by that map.

Volmarr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bring your gun and plan on shooting you will regret not participating. It's a lot of fun! Oil capitol also does a rifle match, steel challenge, and pro am monthly.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bring your gun and plan on shooting you will regret not participating. It's a lot of fun! Oil capitol also does a rifle match, steel challenge, and pro am monthly.
I dont think I can shoot.... it's IDPA, right. Was reading through some stuff and it looks like I'd have to be and IDPA member or trained or quaified or some such...

and I have no idea what is involved in shooting a match. None. I could shoot my Glock, but dunno if two mags is enough, as that is all I have. For my 1911s I have more...

I am not sure how this all works.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just went and checked again... it's not just a "show up and sign up kinda thing"

1. Must email match director first
2. Email completed application for match after approval from director
3. Must join IDPA and show membership card
4. Must show current IDPA Class card

Lotta steps. Everything sounds alot more complicated than other peeps here havesaid, just show up and sign up... maybe it's all the regulatory stuff that keeps so many away, when we might love to just show up, watch a few rounds, then try the course for ourselves. I dunno, go figure.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I'm going to try to make it. I looked back at the rules and it looks like all that stuff I was seeing was about the Championship last month... there's not really anything about the regular matches. There's a link for them, but then it links back to the Championship page. lol

My problem is lack of mags (waiting on two more for my Glock 22 from GED) and mag holders. For my 1911s, I'm in good shape for mags and holsters, but again, no extra mag holders.

I guess I bring a couple of setups and see what people might have to loan, or see if I can get by doing something different.

I'm going to email Jack right now.

If I make it, look for the one who looks like a pirate... lol. A poor, shabby, no-account pirate. lol ;)

- Danny

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I make it, look for the one who looks like a pirate... lol. A poor, shabby, no-account pirate. lol ;)

- Danny

Did you make it today? I watched one of the IDPA matches at OC last year. I think I saw Been there at that time. It looked like they were having fun, but it wouldn't be my cup of tea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom