Idpa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Echo4Whiskey

I shot my first IDPA match today at US shooting academy. I had a blast. The guys I shot with were
very helpfull and with a relax environment made it a blast. I came away with good ideas on how to
improve my shooting skills. I can't wait until the next match.

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad you enjoyed it. Now, set a goal to master it. It'll take a while, but you will succeed. Good luck!

EDIT: Improve your skills before the next match, and show them off (i.e. prove them) at the next match. I would also recommend you read/study the book "Practical Shooting" by Brian Enos and refer to it as you continue to improve. He was a master when it wasn't cool and has some very good ideas.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad to see another BA resident shooting IDPA at USSA. I have only shot 4 or 5 matches in the last year, but everyone there was always helpful when getting started. I still play new when I suck :wink2: I haven't been out for the last two with soccer but am ready for the June match.

Kaw77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be interested in hearing what everyone is shooting and what type of 'gear' ....holsters, belts etc.? I have been putting a lot of thought into IDPA as well, at USSA as I have been a member there for 3 years
thanks,

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It really don't take much. You can just get an inexpensive kydex belt holster, double mag pouch, and sturdy belt. You will want to have 3 magazines if shooting an auto and about 150 rounds of ammo. I just use a blackhawk holster that does not have the serpa. I will probably be upgrading to a comptac or a raven down the road.

Come on out - everyone is extremely helpful and will usually even lend you gear if you need something.

riper1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to oil capitol last sunday to shoot my first match and found out after hanging around the gate 1 1/2 hours that it was cancelled, bummer but ill try again cant wait

Latest posts

Top Bottom