Idpa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thanks chr_edw sounds like I have it covered
I shoot my own reloads - is there any issue in that?
230 gr .45 acp over 5.0 gr of Bullseye

No, there is no issue with using reloads, lots of people do including me. If the stages are running quickly you may not have time to find all of your shell cases, so count on losing a few.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I plan on shooting my first IDPA match next month at USSA and I may even get in on the steel challenge too. I am VERY excited to get started in the competitive shooting scene, I did some junior rimfire when I as young but stopped for some reason (even though I was fairly good).

I'll be shooting a glock 19 with a simple glock sport combat holster. This weekend I'll pick up a proper gun belt, a mag or two, and mag holders.

Cheers, maybe I'll see some of you out there in June.

M

Mach1soldier

Can you use appendix IWB holsters in IDPA or is pretty much the standard IWB or OWB at 4 oclock for everyone? I skimmed the rules but didn't really see anything. I would like to attend a couple events when I get back from Korea.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HAHA!

I'm actually going to be doing some IDPA matches this summer with an untucked shirt and IWB. I'll have to shoot for no score, as my carry guns aren't IDPA legal. :)

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple years back, I remember 4-5 of us going to eat BBQ after a match. As a lark, we left on all our IDPA legal guns and gear, INCLUDING said vests. Outside of someone folks wondering a bit about why so many photographers were eating lunch, no one thought a much of it.

Always must remember that IDPA is a sport, not pure self defense training. The vest is part of the day's "game gear".

I do advocate dry fire, as well as live range fire, with your real carry gun, from your real carry gear, all from under your real concealment garment. You'll find out what works and what doesn't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom