If Arsenal AK's are the best, which one to get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ak's are ment to be shot and be reliable. No have a ton of tactical crap added. Stick to Ar's if you want to play dress up FFS.

I never understood this attitude. If you add something that functionally makes the AK a better tool, then why not? A better grip, red dot, collapsible stock, etc. all of these things make the AK a better tool without giving up reliability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never understood this attitude. If you add something that functionally makes the AK a better tool, then why not? A better grip, red dot, collapsible stock, etc. all of these things make the AK a better tool without giving up reliability.

Gotta love the purists :D.

If you look at loadouts for the AK's in service Russia and Bulgaria, you'll see an increase usage of "tacticool" gadgets attached to their AK's. Some would kill for what we have here. For the most part their red dots and scopes, although indestructable just aren't as good as the aimpoints and eotechs and nightforces scopes that even we civvies have here. Had a buddy of mine who spent time stationed in Europe last year tell me that some of the Russian troops he met there pointed out that America has surpassed Russia in terms of innovation with AK accessories and pointed out the Midwest Industries modular handguard specifically as an accessory they are begging for overseas. They are often stuck with what's issued to them and most of the time the extra expense of additional accessories (especially one made in America) aren't allowed.

I think people sometimes forget how good we have it here in that we have choices VS overseas where there is a lack of choices and options.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gotta love the purists :D.

If you look at loadouts for the AK's in service Russia and Bulgaria, you'll see an increase usage of "tacticool" gadgets attached to their AK's. Some would kill for what we have here. For the most part their red dots and scopes, although indestructable just aren't as good as the aimpoints and eotechs and nightforces scopes that even we civvies have here. Had a buddy of mine who spent time stationed in Europe last year tell me that some of the Russian troops he met there pointed out that America has surpassed Russia in terms of AK accessories and pointed out the Midwest Industries modular handguard specifically as an accessory they are begging for overseas.

I think people sometimes forget how good we have it here in that we have choices VS overseas where there is a lack of choices and options.

Exactly. Don't get me wrong, I love a wood and steel AK as much as the next guy. But certain add-ons will make the AK a better weapon. If that wasn't the case, then we would still be shooting the AR's from the 60's and using bag phones. Technology and innovation are a hell of a thing.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really if someone could just make an ak receiver with a monolithic top that held the front trunnion and rear sight block and a separate lower receiver that housed the FCG and rear trunnion for the stock, I think it would open up a whole new world of tactical timmy AK's LOL. You wouldn't even have to change the overall design that much.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really if someone could just make an ak receiver with a monolithic top that held the front trunnion and rear sight block and a separate lower receiver that housed the FCG and rear trunnion for the stock, I think it would open up a whole new world of tactical timmy AK's LOL. You wouldn't even have to change the overall design that much.

Now you have me thinking.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you guys think of the the SGL 10? Thinking about buying one from a guy in Tulsa. This would be my very first AK.

Last edited:

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

What about the sig 556r?

Latest posts

Top Bottom