If Arsenal AK's are the best, which one to get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I have pretty much decided to get an Arsenal Ak. I have narrowed it down to two different models. One is the newer sam 7sf. And the other is an slr-107-34. The latter one is $999 on kvar's website and $989 on Atlantic firearms' website. The sam 7sf is over $1400. Now by the looks of the newer one it has the galil style safety switch, forged milled receiver and a tubular right side folding stock. The cheaper one has a stamped receiver and a left side folding metal triangular stock. Both have the same barrel and everything else. I just cannot see paying that much more just because of a milled receiver and for the pistol grip safety. Does anyone have any experience with either of these rifles? And what are your recommendations for this purchase?

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer the stamped receivers. I don't feel like the milled ones are necessary or worth the extra $$. Kinda like billet receivers. The stamped receiver should serve you well. The $$ saved can be spent on ammo, mags, etc.

promiseofwar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AK47.jpg

Rattle canned mine over the weekend.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought a century arms centurion today. I know yall might hate on me for buying it instead of the Arsenal. I just couldn't spend more than what I did. So far I really like it. Haven't shot it yet but will soon. I saw a video where James Yager shot 1000 rounds through it and it only had one failure. The fit and finish is very good. Whoever machined it did a fine job. The main complaining I will do is for the stock and the for end. Both are cheap. I am going to replace both. But what I just found out is that the receiver has two tangs on the back so finding a stock for it is probably impossible. My question is could I cut the bottom tang off and just use a regular stock made for one tang? The shop was trying to sell me a Tapco stock and for end set but the stock wouldn't even fit. That makes a lot of sense doesn't it? I would think that is something they should know. Does any of yall have any recommendations about how to get a better stock on? Thanks.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like one of those, but I consider Arsenals expensive, and most Legends are the price of two Arsenals.

I was just kidding. My dad bought the Polytech in 1989. I have the original receipt which shows he paid $589......I wouldn't have it if he didn't give it to me. I couldn't afford it.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just kidding. My dad bought the Polytech in 1989. I have the original receipt which shows he paid $589......I wouldn't have it if he didn't give it to me. I couldn't afford it.

LOL - you've got a keeper there. $589 sounds cheap now, but in 1989 dollars, that was pretty stiff, when you consider HK91s were about that much. Now look at both of them......damn.

Latest posts

Top Bottom