If the dead guy wanted better accommodations.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree.

The "tough guy" comment meant for those internet hardasses that say "let them stay in a cesspool, they shouldn't be there to start with!"
The jail being a dump, dangerous, understaffed place worthy of a Central American country is an issue most would take up if it was their brother, son, daughter that wound up residing there for a bit. And for those that think they're above that, or didn't raise their kids that way, I hope they never find out how stupid and arrogant that is.

They do need to meet codes and requirements just like any other facility. If they don't then the taxpayers need to fund upgrades or replacement.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That jail has had problems from the day it opened. IIRC it was less than a week before an inmate knocked out a glass block window and rappelled down the outside wall with bed sheets tied together.

There were numerous lawsuits filed against the construction company. I don’t think they ever got any relief through the suits.

Last edited:

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bill the family for the bullet and damage the moron did....guess he wasn't so innocent after all. How many innocent people put knifes to a policeman's head.

Hope the clown is happy now in the dirt.

I do agree of getting rid of private owned prisons or jails.

Now, if we spend a faction of the cost on teaching kids ...young not to commit crimes. What ever happened to that "Scared Straight " program...or did the lghnaupt not like the word..."straight" ?

Wonder where are the fathers at ?....Do they need go fund me help to buy a belt ?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
In CLEET I was taught,

“Deadly force is justified when you believe yourself or someone else is in fear of death or serious bodily harm.”

The article says the inmate had a weapon to the jailers neck. My opinion is that it was justified.

I see no justification for the Chief to resign other than they want to push for a specific person to take his place that they can manipulate.
No. They want to show they have the power to manipulate. They will be funded by BLM and ANTIFA and the media will have a field day trying to crucify anyone but the dead guy and his poor parents. I'll bet they start with the terrible conditions and the deplorable treatment from that jailer deputy he had the knife to.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My feelings on it is that if you don't like it in the County, don't commit a crime. You obviously deserve to be there if you break certain laws.

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, the jail is a shithole. It needs to be imploded and a better more well designed jail should be built out along the edges of the county somewhere, or where the old cotton gin is located. Turn the current non functioning jail into a parking lot for city hall. Again, this stuff isn't hard. All it takes is someone that isn't an idiot to be in charge of things. Which leads to the overarching issue with all of this crap; anyone smart enough to make the good decisions situations like this require is too smart to ever be in one of those positions that has to make those decisions.
Don't need to build ****. There's a perfectly good prison facility a quick jaunt out I-40 to Hinton that's going to be available. They should buy that and a few new vans for transport. Done...

But in the end it will be many more millions squandered on an overpriced pile of bricks, bars and concrete. This jail was supposed to be state of the art for years and years to come. And there are those that want to repeat it. :censored:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My feelings on it is that if you don't like it in the Country, don't commit a crime. You obviously deserve to be there if you break certain laws.

Guilty before the trial, huh? I hope no "good cop" ever makes an honest mistake and arrests you or someone you know wrongly.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Guilty before the trial, huh? I hope no "good cop" ever makes an honest mistake and arrests you or someone you know wrongly.

Just curious. How many people on this forum have ever been wrongly arrested? If not yourself, do you know anyone who has been wrongly arrested? I haven’t nor do I know anyone who has been. I used to work at a military prison for 4 years. Everyone there was innocent if you listened to them. When you read their trial transcript it was a bit different than their version of the story.

Many of the poor conditions at the jail are caused by the inmates themselves. That particular pod houses some of the worst inmates there. The inmate who died was no saint or martyr. His cause of death should be listed as stupidity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Top Bottom