If the dead guy wanted better accommodations.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I retired from ODOT in 2015. All of our furniture purchases had to go through OSI prison contracts except for items which could not be purchased from them. Most if not all of there products were more expensive than if you bought them from a local business.

Secondly, I now work for the company which designed the OKC jail years ago. At that time it was called RGDC and was an established civil engineering firm with a new architectural group. I’m unsure what happened at that time but RGDC took a beating on that project. It has since changed names two times with outgoing/incoming principals. All government contracts go through a competitive bid process and “low bidder” isn’t always the one awarded the contract. In my 40 years of civil engineering highway construction plans and being around the contract bid process in both state/private dealings I have never heard or witnessed kickbacks or promises made. The men and women I work with, both engineers and CAD Techs are highly intelligent and take great pains to produce quality design plans. We contract with the state of Okla, OTA, and numerous cities and municipalities. Most if not all major interchanges in the state are designed through private consulting engineering firms because ODOT isn’t equipped to take on these projects. If it’s an urban interstate project, chances are it wasn’t designed by ODOT. I-40 out by Sooner Rd. is our project. I-40 and Douglas will one day soon have a single point urban interchange (SPUI). I-40 and Morgan Rd SPUI was our project. I could go on and on with the hundreds of miles of roadway we have designed. If we were dumb or lazy we wouldn’t have the work load we currently have and wouldn’t be considered one of the top five firms in the state.

Sure, the owners of these companies make a good living but that is through the reputation of their quality of work, experience and expertise of the staff, the bid process and the multiplier used. They also pay their employees quite well too but, we damn sure earn it.
We obviously worked for two different employers. You worked for government and mine a privately owned business with less oversite.
I stand by my comments in my situation. We had the guy dead to rights on some deals and the management turned their heads around and ignored the employees. My wife that was the Project accountant that handled his accounts, a salesman that worked side by side with him and myself that had to live with that idiots decisions when the machine came into the plant and was not suitable for the product line without modification that equaled or exceeded the purchase price.
He was dirty and we could prove it. Evidently management was dirty which it was and I could go on for hours about that subject in another thread.

Latest posts

Top Bottom