If they come for your guns, do you have a responsibility to fight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got nothing to do with what anybody else would do, but I would just have to go crazy on em for my own self. Yaa I said it on a public forum, and somewhere someone is recording it. O well.

[video=youtube_share;c6YtKdE5F1I]http://youtu.be/c6YtKdE5F1I[/video]

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
... very easy to say yes - especially on an internet forum.

But what if one is the sole breadwinner of a family with young children?

What then?

Where do one's real responsibilities lie?

To one's family 1st? To an abstract cause? To a concrete cause?

If the choice will almost certainly lead to one's death even if one is perfectly willing to accept that result what of those left behind? Are they willing? EVen if willing are they capable of carrying on as a result.

Not everyone can be a hero, nor can they even if they wish to be.

Truth be told most heroes have it thrust upon them and I suspect if the time ever comes when the decision to fight is thrust upon us that the decision will be one forced and acted upon based on emotion and not backed up by logic, reason or hard core analysis.

In short, no matter what you say and honestly believe you will do, when the JBT's come'a knocking the actions you take in response are now and will remain unknown until that knock actually comes. (The one possible exception is those individuals that have experienced life or death, fight or flight situations like combat veterans that can make a pre-decision and act upon it based on their real life experiences).

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
... very easy to say yes - especially on an internet forum.

But what if one is the sole breadwinner of a family with young children?

What then?

Where do one's real responsibilities lie?

To one's family 1st? To an abstract cause? To a concrete cause?

If the choice will almost certainly lead to one's death even if one is perfectly willing to accept that result what of those left behind? Are they willing? EVen if willing are they capable of carrying on as a result.

Not everyone can be a hero, nor can they even if they wish to be.

Truth be told most heroes have it thrust upon them and I suspect if the time ever comes when the decision to fight is thrust upon us that the decision will be one forced and acted upon based on emotion and not backed up by logic, reason or hard core analysis.

In short, no matter what you say and honestly believe you will do, when the JBT's come'a knocking the actions you take in response are now and will remain unknown until that knock actually comes. (The one possible exception is those individuals that have experienced life or death, fight or flight situations like combat veterans).

I truly know where you do not stand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom