If they come for your guns, do you have a responsibility to fight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like all these people that say they are gonna LEAVE the country. Not a single one of them has any idea of just how difficult that is. Try moving to Canada and taking your arsenal with ya. Or Australia. Or the guy that wants to move to the Czech Republic. That was laughable. These people have no clue how hard it is to immigrate to a country where you'd actually have a chance at being successful. Geez, you can get in line with the thousands of Filipino's and Mexican's that are trying to do the same thing.

I said Czech Republic and i would only be leaving if they took the firearms. I know how difficult it can be but things are difficult everywhere. And i didn't say I'd stay gone.

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Australia only 7% of its population were gun owners. It was easy to run over the gun owners and take away their arms. Since this happened, sexual assaults are up 20% and normal assaults are up 44%. In a country with only 7% ownership as a deterrent no less. Just imagine the rate of crime in a country with roughly 50% ownership if the guns are taken away.

They made them illegal to own and told their citizens to turn them in. Having one after the grace period would make you a felon.

From what I read (I'm going back to the Wiki article about it now), Australia implemented a buyback program and "recovered" something like 600,000 firearms. They used a $500,000,000 one time increase in the medicare levy (Doesn't that mean they used citizens' money to fund the buyback?!?!) to do that. IIRC, there are something like 300,000,000+ firearms in circulation in the US right now. That's just 500x the number taken in Australia. Where the hell would the government get that kind of money? The answer is, they can't do it. There would be no buyback. They either have to "compromise" to the point of almost no change or someone is going to try unlawful seizure of citizens' guns. This looks bad.

I know Wikipedia isn't always the best resource but here's the Wiki article."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_po...ing_the_effects_of_firearms_laws_in_Australia

pistolpete2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they come knocking on my front door, I'm just going to tell them I gave all my guns to wideloadtimmy and that he said he'd give them all up if asked and that he was moving to the Czech Republic after gave them up!!!

Problem solved!!! ;-)

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dripped some paint on all my guns. They are now ART. As art is not at all dangerous, and libs tend to like it, I am no longer subject to any "weapons" ban. Because they are ART.

From now on, no more gun shows. We will call them "gallery openings".

Latest posts

Top Bottom