If we ever have a emp strike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know this will shut down all electronics but will it have any affect on the water in streams or lakes?

The pervasive myth that an EMP strike will shut down all electronics is not supported by science or real world testing.

What do you mean by "affect on water in streams or lakes"? Like will it contaminate it? No, EMP won't affect the water but the second and third order affects of a successful and damaging strike could result in contaminated water.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks SMS that's what I was wondering seems kind of crazy when you get to thinking about about all the different scenarios a person needs to be repaired for just in case

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks SMS that's what I was wondering seems kind of crazy when you get to thinking about about all the different scenarios a person needs to be repaired for just in case
Not to be concerned. I expect that the chance of being a victim of a widespread EMP event would be almost nil. Certainly a lot less chance than being hit by lightning or winning a mega lottery.

Latest posts

Top Bottom