If you are fliping sick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son is in Jr High. A kid went to his school one Monday with a fever because she and the parent wanted her to play in that nights basketball game. She missed Tuesday and Wednesday, got tested (not rapid) on Wednesday. Returned to school Thursday because they had a game that night. Results come back Friday, she popped positive wuhu flu. 3 basketball teams had to quarantine, reschedule 2 weeks worth of games, and all the students that sat near her in school had to quarantine. So this selfish little brat could play in an 8th grade basketball game. Her mom works at this school....

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son is in Jr High. A kid went to his school one Monday with a fever because she and the parent wanted her to play in that nights basketball game. She missed Tuesday and Wednesday, got tested (not rapid) on Wednesday. Returned to school Thursday because they had a game that night. Results come back Friday, she popped positive wuhu flu. 3 basketball teams had to quarantine, reschedule 2 weeks worth of games, and all the students that sat near her in school had to quarantine. So this selfish little brat could play in an 8th grade basketball game. Her mom works at this school....

She should be expelled for the remainder of the year and made to home school. Her 8th grade athletic career should be over.

Her mother should be fired.

I'm serious. Those punishments fit.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ehhh. If you go out in public you are well aware of the "risks". As far as work goes most places don't offer sick time. So if you can't take the paycheck hit there's really no option

Ehhh. Not acceptable. In any way shape or form.

If you are displaying symptoms, you need to be restricted to your home.

Saying that people that are well should stay home so assholes that are sick can roam the streets is really a jacked up take.

The issue is, people are either stupid or selfish or both. The level of stupidity and selfishness of some people though is what was lost on me. If not for the stupidity and selfishness, this would be over.

I said it in the beginning, this has revealed many people's character, and much of it ain't pretty.

If you are sick. Stay home. End of story.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's not what he said but then ... You guys all seem to have your menstrual cycles synced up these days. :rolleyes2

In case you missed the memo not everyone has symptoms. Who the hell knows how much of the spread of this **** is from people who are asymptomatic. And while we're on the subject of "symptoms" there are SO many things that have the same outward appearance as COVID. Nevermind that oft overlooked fact that often people are contagious before they show symptoms -- so before they know they are sick.

Along with the fact most of the folks I work with have more than one job. Why? Because "corporate America" would rather DIE than give someone 40 hours a week because then they'd qualify for things like **gasp** paid sick leave and medical insurance.

I don't blame folks for going to work sick. It's not like they probably caught it from someone who wasn't exhibiting symptoms anyway. How about we stop blaming people who really have no choice -- I was a single mom with no child support and no help from anywhere back in the day. If you think I would have missed work and become homeless so YOU could not have YOUR life interrupted ... Well ... Tell you what -- YOU stay home and miss that paycheck if you are that worried.

In case you can't tell I'm sick and tired of everyone trying to make THEIR trigger my problem.

People need to do what they need to do. Same applies to all the folks screaming at the top of their lungs about what everyone else is doing. You take care of you and yours. Leave me to take care of me and mine. However each of us sees fit. It's not like this cat is gonna be crammed back in that bag.

Completely missed the point. I didn't say anything about those without symptoms.

If you go to work sick, with a fever and loss of taste and smell, you are an *******. I absolutely blame them.

Show me where I said people that were asymptomatic should stay home.

If you go to work or out in public with obvious symptoms of this virus, as mentioned above, you are an ignorant *******, and there ain't no other way to spin that.

I've got as much virus fatigue as anyone, and I'm as sick of the restrictions as anyone. I'm as sick of the mask mandates as anyone. It's still unacceptable for people with obvious symptoms or positive tests to be out in public or at work. It's stupid and incredibly selfish.

Michael Armstrong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Saying that people that are well should stay home so assholes that are sick can roam the streets is really a jacked up take.

The issue is, people are either stupid or selfish or both. The level of stupidity and selfishness of some people though is what was lost on me. If not for the stupidity and selfishness, this would be over.

I said it in the beginning, this has revealed many people's character, and much of it ain't pretty.

It's not up to you to decide who can live their life and who can't. If you are afraid of a virus with a very low fatality rate it's up to the individual to make arrangements to avoid it.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Agreed, but nowadays too many people seem to think their rights are more important than anyone else. Not true. Your rights end when they screw with someone else rights. If you are sick stay freakin home.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not up to you to decide who can live their life and who can't. If you are afraid of a virus with a very low fatality rate it's up to the individual to make arrangements to avoid it.

I buried two people in the last two weeks that caught the virus from a co-worker that went to work with obvious symptoms. One of them with a positive test, and they told no one, until people started dying. Relatively healthy, less than 50 year old people.

You should be able to trust the people you work with aren't stupid enough to kill you.

If you go to work with obvious symptoms or a positive test, you should be fired. The moment it's found out, and if you willingly infect someone and they die you should be criminally liable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom