If you are fliping sick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Understand that - an individual is ultimately responsible for his / her own safety. We are likely taking the same supplements ( vitamins c, d, zinc, etc.).

Hope you have gotten your revenge on that tree. Running a chainsaw across that limb could be satisfying.

I'm working on it. Lol Surgery next week and PT starts in earnest the week after that for me. The rest of it I'll leave to the insurance companies to hash out.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I feel the same way about guys DEMANDING someone stay home but hey!! It's OSA.

Besides, I'm not perfect. Never claimed to be. Just know that given the devastation I've seen to families who can't earn a living anymore ... Or who have become homeless due to even the loss of one paycheck ... Has affected me greatly. I see newly homeless on nearly every street corner around where I live now -- some with kids in tow. I am TERRIFIED of what is gonna happen when the eviction moratorium has expired.

I don't have the answers anymore than the rest of you guys do but just like you guys I have an opinion. Doesn't make me a bad person any more than it does you guys.

Far more people have been negatively impacted to a serious degree by restrictions than by the disease itself. It’s been shown time and time again that neither shut downs or masks are that effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Far more people have been negatively impacted to a serious degree by restrictions than by the disease itself. It’s been shown time and time again that neither shut downs or masks are that effective.

That's what I think also. And I'm afraid once Biden/Harris get in office (and the Rs lose the Senate -- thanks a ton Mitch :angry3:) It's gonna get WAY worse.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Oh hell no.

I think everyone should go to work, you know except those folks on ventilators or the dead ones.

Tests are not that accurate and to shut the world down for people with no symptoms and people not in a high risk category does more harm than good. How many people have tested positive in Oklahoma? What percentage of those have died? I get it, someone with COVID symptoms should isolate themselves. I would if I did. I’m not going to shut myself in for fear of getting a disease that most people beat with a few days of discomfort. My dad is 84. He stays in and has his groceries delivered. I don’t and I accept the risk of getting it. My choice.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Understand that - an individual is ultimately responsible for his / her own safety. We are likely taking the same supplements ( vitamins c, d, zinc, etc.).

In addition to those supplements, I've read a few studies that indicate that melatonin also has shown to help fend off this virus. I already take this many evenings to help with my sleep. So far, so good.

I spent 4 months at the start of this mess working in a big box retailer. Our business was off the charts. There was no requirement from corporate until the last 2 weeks I was there that required a mask. We did close early and cleaned the bejesus outa of the store each evening and at 2 hour intervals throughout the day. The company added liberal paid time off for dealing with positive tests. There were several that needed it and many that abused it.

I guess I'm in the camp of 'take care of yourself and yours'. If someone thinks it's too dangerous for them to venture out, there's tons of delivery options for their needed goods.

Best of luck to everyone in deciding their own path!

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In addition to those supplements, I've read a few studies that indicate that melatonin also has shown to help fend off this virus. I already take this many evenings to help with my sleep. So far, so good.

I spent 4 months at the start of this mess working in a big box retailer. Our business was off the charts. There was no requirement from corporate until the last 2 weeks I was there that required a mask. We did close early and cleaned the bejesus outa of the store each evening and at 2 hour intervals throughout the day. The company added liberal paid time off for dealing with positive tests. There were several that needed it and many that abused it.

I guess I'm in the camp of 'take care of yourself and yours'. If someone thinks it's too dangerous for them to venture out, there's tons of delivery options for their needed goods.

Best of luck to everyone in deciding their own path!

I’ve heard about the melatonin being used but thought that was just to help with rest; didn’t know it help with immunity. Off to do some research. Thanks.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tests are not that accurate and to shut the world down for people with no symptoms and people not in a high risk category does more harm than good. How many people have tested positive in Oklahoma? What percentage of those have died? I get it, someone with COVID symptoms should isolate themselves. I would if I did. I’m not going to shut myself in for fear of getting a disease that most people beat with a few days of discomfort. My dad is 84. He stays in and has his groceries delivered. I don’t and I accept the risk of getting it. My choice.

Let me be clear, the financial burden you put on other because of the precautions they must take if you are present with a positive test is extreme, and it could cost the place where you work to have to close their doors forever.
But again, when all the weaklings and old people have been killed off we will have lower Social Security’s obligations, lowered the average age of the people in the US as well as the IQ, and then we can just get it on and to hell with everyone else.

Do you know what it cost to sanitize a 10,000 sq ft building? Would you like to foot that bill if you owned a business and someone came to work with a positive test?
I’ve not one. Single time said we should shut the World down. Quote the opposite. I think everything should be open, and healthy people should be free to roam about the country, but we can’t do that because dipshits with symptoms and positive test results refuse to stay in quarantine.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Let me be clear, the financial burden you put on other because of the precautions they must take if you are present with a positive test is extreme, and it could cost the place where you work to have to close their doors forever.
But again, when all the weaklings and old people have been killed off we will have lower Social Security’s obligations, lowered the average age of the people in the US as well as the IQ, and then we can just get it on and to hell with everyone else.

Do you know what it cost to sanitize a 10,000 sq ft building? Would you like to foot that bill if you owned a business and someone came to work with a positive test?
I’ve not one. Single time said we should shut the World down. Quote the opposite. I think everything should be open, and healthy people should be free to roam about the country, but we can’t do that because dipshits with symptoms and positive test results refuse to stay in quarantine.

Do you have 100% faith in positive tests? I don’t. In fact the error rate on false positives is higher than the death rate. I agree those with symptoms should stay home. I’d probably also agree on 2 positive tests. I do think there has been a gross over reaction to this disease. Wish I owned a cleaning company, a test manufacturer, or the vaccine companies. One thing for sure, it’s caused a huge difference of opinion. Maybe we can all get vaccinated soon.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

We sanitize our own 12,000 sq ft building every week, its sprayed down with some kind of acidic mix of crap. Think the mixture is like $20....but I work at a Government facility so maybe they get a discount.

Latest posts

Top Bottom