If you are fliping sick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
We sanitize our own 12,000 sq ft building every week, its sprayed down with some kind of acidic mix of crap. Think the mixture is like $20....but I work at a Government facility so maybe they get a discount.

Back during the anthrax attack hoopla USPS bleached the crap out of everything. Hundreds of hours were wasted cleaning clean machines. Just look at how some people wear their masks. A whole other thread on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have 100% faith in positive tests? I don’t. In fact the error rate on false positives is higher than the death rate. I agree those with symptoms should stay home. I’d probably also agree on 2 positive tests. I do think there has been a gross over reaction to this disease. Wish I owned a cleaning company, a test manufacturer, or the vaccine companies. One thing for sure, it’s caused a huge difference of opinion. Maybe we can all get vaccinated soon.

I have absolute complete confidence in the fact that if you get a positive test, and you’ve been around other people you are going to inconvenience them a shitton and more than likely cost someone thousands of dollars in sanitization expenses, and more than likely as lest a short term disruption in the business, false positive or not.

I’m just was not aware that there were so many “ **** you and hooray for me” people out there. Clearly I’ve misjudged.

Again, I think everything should be open. Everything. Restaurants, bars, movie theaters, schools, all of it. If it’s closed because of this virus it should be open, and people with symptoms and or a positive test result should keep their ass at home. I’m not talking about the sniffles. I’m not talking about a cold. If you are running a fever and have lost your sense of taste and smell and you come stand beside me know that you are probably carrying this virus and I find out about, I’m pretty likely to poke you in the nose.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your willing to go to Walmart for groceries, or touch a gas pump, or go to work.....you are at risk. Its no other persons fault if you get sick, they also are just trying to live their lives.

The trick is to minimize the risk - wear disposable gloves when handling the pump and key pad. We wipe down grocery items (not the fresh fruit / fresh vegetables) with a Clorox solution. Mail and Amazon packages decon in the garage for at least 3 days. Hands get washed and surface / frequent touch areas in the vehicles and house are cleaned with sanitary wipes or Clorox solution. I know it’s over the top, but so far nobody in the house has gotten sick even though several exposure incidents have occurred.

Edited spelling.

Last edited:

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I have absolute complete confidence in the fact that if you get a positive test, and you’ve been around other people you are going to inconvenience them a shitton and more than likely cost someone thousands of dollars in sanitization expenses, and more than likely as lest a short term disruption in the business, false positive or not.

I’m just was not aware that there were so many “ **** you and hooray for me” people out there. Clearly I’ve misjudged.

Again, I think everything should be open. Everything. Restaurants, bars, movie theaters, schools, all of it. If it’s closed because of this virus it should be open, and people with symptoms and or a positive test result should keep their ass at home. I’m not talking about the sniffles. I’m not talking about a cold. If you are running a fever and have lost your sense of taste and smell and you come stand beside me know that you are probably carrying this virus and I find out about, I’m pretty likely to poke you in the nose.

We agree on the symptoms but not on a single positive test with no symptoms. I suspect you might feel differently if your livelihood depended on being able to work and you had to sit home with no pay 2 weeks due to a single test that may or may not be accurate. If you poked someone in the nose they might poke you back. If they knocked you down and you died the hospital would probably code your death certificate COVID. You’d want to apply hand sanitizer to that fist for sure. I’ll be glad when all this is behind us.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We agree on the symptoms but not on a single positive test with no symptoms. I suspect you might feel differently if your livelihood depended on being able to work and you had to sit home with no pay 2 weeks due to a single test that may or may not be accurate. If you poked someone in the nose they might poke you back. If they knocked you down and you died the hospital would probably code your death certificate COVID. You’d want to apply hand sanitizer to that fist for sure. I’ll be glad when all this is behind us.

I’ve had my ass sent home twice because someone tested positive, so the place could be cleaned a sanitized, and waiting for symptoms to appear. So, if you have a positive test or symptoms and you come to work anyway, knowing what you are going to cause, and get my ass sent home again and cost me money because you’re a selfish bastard, (not you, you know what I mean) then I hope you get fired. There is absolutely no room for that kind of selfishness. If I was sick, I wouldn’t go to work or to the grocery store, or anywhere else for that matter, because I’m not a selfish bastard.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I’ve had my ass sent home twice because someone tested positive, so the place could be cleaned a sanitized, and waiting for symptoms to appear. So, if you have a positive test or symptoms and you come to work anyway, knowing what you are going to cause, and get my ass sent home again and cost me money because you’re a selfish bastard, (not you, you know what I mean) then I hope you get fired. There is absolutely no room for that kind of selfishness. If I was sick, I wouldn’t go to work or to the grocery store, or anywhere else for that matter, because I’m not a selfish bastard.

I wouldn’t either if I was sick. It’s a shame your workplace over reacted to a positive test without symptoms. Many do. As an example, when I worked at USPS we averaged just under 3% sick leave rate. My old boss told me it is near 20% this month. Can you imagine getting the job done with 1 in 5 people gone? I think we’ve both made our opinions known. Stay well.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We sanitize our own 12,000 sq ft building every week, its sprayed down with some kind of acidic mix of crap. Think the mixture is like $20....but I work at a Government facility so maybe they get a discount.
Forgive my cynicism but it that cleaner costs the public 20 bucks at Lowes or Home Depot, the taxpayers are probably paying 3X that amount and getting a watered down version that's "less toxic" or "environmentally friendly."
And if it's not supposed to be watered down, even if the maker is caught red handed, nothing will happen to the dirty Dova.

Latest posts

Top Bottom