If You Are PLanning To Fill The Gas Tank....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Devon's wrapped in plastic and swarming with security from what I'm hearing.

I bet that little bar across from the parking garage does a hell of a business tomorrow. Should open at 8:00 am if they're smart.

I guess 100 got the axe today, that leaves 600 tomorrow. Yikes.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The nature of the beast, no matter how much most of us dislike it. The oil patch has been cyclic since it started. Some benefit with low energy prices, some suffer because of job loss.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah it's crazy. I'm wondering how much all of this will affect Oklahomas economy.

Well I heard the other day it's to the tune of $1.3 Billion donero just out of the State's budget. And I just read that it's up to 14,000 jobs. I don't know if they are counting the contractors and other "domino" jobs either. Doubtful though.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I heard the other day it's to the tune of $1.3 Billion donero just out of the State's budget. And I just read that it's up to 14,000 jobs. I don't know if they are counting the contractors and other "domino" jobs either. Doubtful though.

Yet, today in the Ponca City News, ODOT announced a million dollar plus grant to Ponca City for a stupid walking/jogging trail starting in town and going to Lake Ponca.

Every time we go to Tulsa on 412, passing through Sand Springs, I comment that over the years we have never seen one person using those trails. Its a stupid boondoggle.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yet, today in the Ponca City News, ODOT announced a million dollar plus grant to Ponca City for a stupid walking/jogging trail starting in town and going to Lake Ponca.

Every time we go to Tulsa on 412, passing through Sand Springs, I comment that over the years we have never seen one person using those trails. Its a stupid boondoggle.

Realize that 80% of the funding for ODOT projects comes from Federal sources, while only 20% comes from the State.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Skydance scissortail bridge was $6.6 million using state and federal money....bridge is OK,but that lit up bird on top.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Realize that 80% of the funding for ODOT projects comes from Federal sources, while only 20% comes from the State.

Ponca city has to put up $450,000 to get the funds. Stupid project for the use of very few people. The city is covered in sidewalks and parks with existing walking trails.

Latest posts

Top Bottom