If you had the money to purchase a Benchmade Auto knife which one would you choose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Infidel has always been one of my favs...satin, serrated if they offered
Everyday the AFO, coated,serrated, tanto
I have knockoffs of both, they serve as well as expected.,.... ;)

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had an Infidel serrations, coated, tanto. Great knife, lost while riding a four wheeler. Have a Microtech that's awesome but if you want Benchmade their good knives.

Look used, ar15.com, bladeforums, USN, I look all the time. You can find one like new for half the price. A lot of people just collect them and don't use em.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the 5500 mini presidio.Close to the same size as the mini griptillian.Non serrated blade and drop point.The 5270 would come in 2nd.I plan to get one of each in the next month or so.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought a black no serration Adamas a couple weeks ago. A VERY solid and smooth knife, I didn't realize how big it was going off the pictures, but I think it'll be just fine for pocket carry.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the 2550 Mini Reflex and a CLA 4300, both plain blades, never cared much for serrated blades. The 3550 will probably be my next BM auto, but will have to get the wife a Impel first. Not too picky on the blade finish.

Is Mark's going into the Benchmade business?

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Serration vs non serration is a good debate, most knife guys don't like serrations. If you keep a good edge on your knife, no serrations is better. But I put mine through some hard use and don't sharpen them as often as I should. I find that serrations help me a lot, especially when working in a tight space. Half the use mine gets is cutting zip ties, I just slide serrations underneath then twist and pull.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own a http://www.benchmade.com/automaticknives/auto-stryker-family.html that I know is at least 8+ years old.

I like the knife, but tend to not carry it often. It's very well made, but it's also very heavy. It would be fine wearing blue jeans and clipping it to your pocket if you could wear it that way, but in an office job where you don't it showing, it rather bulky sitting at the bottom of a pocket. As far as the action though, it's smooth as butter and I haven't ever put enough stress on it to make it feel like it was going to fail. The ridge slide lock is nice and when engaged, I don't feel like I have to worry about the blade getting released and slicing open my leg (too frequently, lol, I still have my worries just due to age, but that is just me being paranoid of carrying that knife deep in pocket when I do carry it, when I can actually wear jeans and it's clipped to my pocket, I have zero worries)

Funny short story, my wife was complaining about having issues getting her knife to open one day (that she carried around), so I told her I'd take a look at it. Sure enough, it's one of these. I informed her it was illegal at the time to carry it, and she didn't know any better. It's a hell of a knife. I asked her where and why she got it, she said she picked it up at a pawn shop a year or so before we met, and it was something like $5 to $10. I couldn't believe my ears. So I took it all apart, cleaned everything up, put a much needed edge on it (opens fast and smooth now), went to give it back to her, and she said, if it's illegal, she doesn't want to carry it anymore, so I could have it. A year and a half later of it sitting around on the shelf, it's finally legal to carry it, lol.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been collecting since the law was signed. Can't go wrong with the Stryker, AFO II, 6800 APB or the Bedlam. I prefer the black finished tanto blades although I have some drop points. The Bedlam and 6800 APB can be fired from either side. I must say the Bedlam has a nasty ass blade.
During my research on high end auto's I came across Protech knives and can tell you they are pure quality. Fit and finish are top notch.You snap one open you better have a grip on it or it will fly out of your hand. They open with great authority.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom