If you won a trip to space...would you go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What a way to go! I guess that's why I enjoy cliff hanging the Colorado mountain trails.
Like these we were on two years ago and last year?

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

I’d take a trip into space in a heartbeat!

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutely! I'm sure I could figure out something to do that nobody else has ever done in space!

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I called NASA in 1984 as a young commercial photographer and questioned them about sending civilians in space. They told me a teacher was planned to be the first but didn't see why a professional photographer wouldn't be in the mix at some point. They ended up sending me an application for the Teacher in Space program and a letter of thanks. Not being an educator, I didn't apply.

Last Thursday I did make a bid for the first open seat on New Shepard, a Blue Origin flight on July 20th. I won't even come close to winning but I wanted to at least make a bid.

On July 20th, New Shepard will fly its first astronaut crew to space. We are offering one seat on this first flight to the winning bidder of Blue Origin’s online auction. Starting today, anyone can place an opening bid by going to BlueOrigin.com.

Here are the three phases of the auction:

• May 5-19: Sealed online bidding – you can bid any amount you want on the auction website (no bids are visible)
  • May 19: Unsealed online bidding – bidding becomes visible and participants must exceed the highest bid to continue in the auction
  • June 12: Live auction – the bidding concludes with a live online auction
The winning bid amount will be donated to Blue Origin’s foundation, Club for the Future, to inspire future generations to pursue careers in STEM and help invent the future of life in space.

On this day 60 years ago, Alan Shepard made history by becoming the first American to fly to space. In the decades since, fewer than 600 astronauts have been to space above the Kármán Line to see the borderless Earth and the thin limb of our atmosphere. They all say this experience changes them.

We named our launch vehicle after Alan Shepard to honor his historic flight. New Shepard has flown 15 successful consecutive missions to space and back above the Kármán Line through a meticulous and incremental flight program to test its multiple redundant safety systems. Now, it’s time for astronauts to climb onboard.

This seat will change how you see the world.

-Gradatim Ferociter

Latest posts

Top Bottom