I'm done with RK gun shows,,,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course you haggle with them, that's 1/2 the fun. P7 was $950, got it for $900. Extra mag was $65, he won on that one. He didn't budge 1cent. The S&W 22 was $500, got it for $460. M1 was I think $800, he got it for $700

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gunshots have been over priced shams for many years. We did have one guy try to start up a cheap gun show in town...he held a few and then skipped town, apparently owing people money.

That was our very own SuperDave65. I think he started well but got in over his head.
However, we also have another member - NavyChief - who puts on the BadShot gun shows which still maintain $7.00 entry fees. His shows are good - niche is smaller or under-serviced areas and he does not try to go head to head in the Tulsa, OKC, or Lawton markets. Which I think contributed to SuperDave65's business failure.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, Bad Shot's gun shows are small,,,
But he gives a buck off admission to vets and NRA members,,,
Or you can print off a coupon for the one dollar off admission at the website.

The best part of his shows are no flea market stuff,,,
The last one I attended was at Ponca City,,,
Every table had guns or gun stuff.

I had some issues with some of the high prices,,,
But that's on me and the vendor,,,
Not the gun show itself.

RK = A big heck no!

Badshot = A pleasant couple of hours.

Aarond

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even the wanenmachers isn't what it use to be.The main reason I even go to it is that Lone wolf is there in April and I buy glock parts from them.Texas finest gunleather makes some really nice holsters and mag pouches so I usually get something made from them.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, Wanenmachers isn't what it used to be even eight or ten years ago - anyone remember the Grand National Show about then? Half the size of Wanenmacher, but still an excellent production with a lot of older folks selling off private collections. I picked up quite a few interesting milsurps at this latter show for reasonable prices.

You can still find good deals at Wanenmacher, though. Last spring, I picked up an arsenal-rebuilt International Harvester M1 Garand in VG condition, and an IHC Gapper the year before, lacking only an IHC op rod to be all correct, for less than the going market rate. You just have to look for them and ignore the fluff.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, Wanenmachers isn't what it used to be even eight or ten years ago - anyone remember the Grand National Show about then? Half the size of Wanenmacher, but still an excellent production with a lot of older folks selling off private collections. I picked up quite a few interesting milsurps at this latter show for reasonable prices.

You can still find good deals at Wanenmacher, though. Last spring, I picked up an arsenal-rebuilt International Harvester M1 Garand in VG condition, and an IHC Gapper the year before, lacking only an IHC op rod to be all correct, for less than the going market rate. You just have to look for them and ignore the fluff.

Grand National used to be good.

RK has always been dogshitt.

I only go to a gun show if I have a specific reason. Last time I went to Wannenmacher's I was looking for a Ruger .44 carbine, factory receiver peep sight model. I figured there had to be AT LEAST one in that shittshow. Distinctive looking guns. I literally ran and weaved through smelly fattys until I saw one on a table, threw my cash at the dude, and skiddaddled. I was very happy with the show that year.

I can't imagine going just to go. Or to buy a common, current-production gun. Like WTF? Why? I see people looking at Glocks and Sigs and I'm like...you paid admission and fought smelly crowds to look at guns that are under glass at every store in town and in the FTF classifieds daily?

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The larger gun shows are often the only place to find accessories,,,
I know I could order anything online but I like to touch it before I buy it.

I'm not defending gun shows in general,,,
But I do enjoy the day's outing to attend a nice one.

Last Fall I walked every single aisle of the Wannenmacher's show,,,
I was looking for something very specific that I didn't find,,,
Had I not been hoarding my cash for that one item,,,
I could easily have spent a c-note or two.

Also gun shows are about the only place to see used guns in large quantities,,,
I suppose I could make the rounds of OK City pawn shops,,,
In fact I'm known to do that every now and then,,,
But I so enjoy attending a good gun show.

My gripe with the RK show was that the door fee cost more than Wannenmacher's,,,
And there were way too many non-gun related merchants.

Aarond

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only gun show I will not go to is Metcalf. I always have fun, but I'm a 1/2 full glass kinda guy.lol Like I said the price now is on who is operating the fairgrounds, but even before that I agree the price is high. On the price difference in Okc shows and the Bog Wannenmacher show, You pay $12-$14 at Okc shows for BOTH days and $10 each day at Wannenmacher's. Granted it might take you only 20 min. to get through a Okc show, if you walk fast.lol and it takes you 30min to go down 1 isle in Tulsa.

Latest posts

Top Bottom