I'm done with RK gun shows,,,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I won't pay $12 anymore for a gun show except Wannenmacher's. My son and I used to go, all the time to gun shows 10 years ago. Had a lot of friends that were dealers ,most retired.

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The deals are walking around on the floor.

The death of gunshows won't be politics or the Internet, it will be the dealers and buyers.

As previously mentioned dealers need to sell three guns to pay for table rent, and some dealers are trying to make table rent + normal profit on every sell.
Most dealers think everything we have is junk, and we think their gun is overpriced lying next to the beanie babies.

Dalejbrass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I go strictly for the entertainment purpose. I like guns and knives and cool stuff. I picked up a nice AR10 from a private table trade Saturday at Metcalf.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I look for secondary market milsurp. So I still like gun shows. I don't like the non gun stuff though. RK does seems to be the worst.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only gun show I've ever visited was setup by that nut case Super Dave 65. A lot of members posted that it was a good show. I thought it was a turd. Guess I'm not down with gun shows.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I go strictly for the entertainment purpose. I like guns and knives and cool stuff. I picked up a nice AR10 from a private table trade Saturday at Metcalf.

Same here. Bought a good supply of ammo (should have cleaned him out) from a guy selling 7.62x51 and 5.56 cheaper than you can buy it onlilne. Many rifles were ridiculously overpriced, though I hear I missed out on some guy walking around a pre-ban AKS rifle that he sold for $800!

Nice EB in your avatar, by the way. I sure miss the one I had, and hope to replace it someday.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped going years ago because I wore tired of hearing "that's cheaper than I get with my dealer pricing new" anytime I tried to haggle with them on a used gun and showed them an active link online that was several hundred less than their asking price.
I know they're not budsgunshop and aren't able to get that type of dealer pricing, but it's dumb for them to pay their vendor more than what I could get the same gun for spending 5 seconds to do a search on slickguns.

If I wanted to pay $800 for a used gun that cost $799 new, I'd go on armslist.

cz_partizan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
For a milsurp? The best show is to go to is Wannemacher's in Tulsa every spring and fall, plus it's only $10 and it will take almost all day to walk the entire thing unlike Metcalf or RK where you are in and out in 15 minutes and $14 lighter

Latest posts

Top Bottom