I'm done with RK gun shows,,,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yup ^^^

I also agree with Josh...when you take a gun into a local show...the dealers act like (no matter what you have) it is worthless and everything they have is dipped in 24ct gold...and they all have to stop to ask what you are selling. I understand they are strictly there to make money but dad gum.

I will say, however, their have been a few rare cases (once with a Webley revolver, once with a cetme, and once with a ruger redhawk) I made some really reasonable trades with guys that had tables set up at LGS. But its rare...and you have to talk to 99 guys who say "damn that's high, thanks for showing me." to find that one whos interested.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wannemachers is by far the best, not even close to the others. You failed to mention though, it is $10 each day. The other shows are $14 for both days. I have tried to remember going to a gun show and not find a deal, I can't. I always find deals at gun shows, but then again I'm not going trying to find every negative thing I can find while I'm there. You are around like minded people, you get to see some eye candy(guns you don't have). If you stay at home, your wife is going to find something for you to do. Most likely, something your not going to like.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wannemachers is by far the best, not even close to the others. You failed to mention though, it is $10 each day. The other shows are $14 for both days. I have tried to remember going to a gun show and not find a deal, I can't. I always find deals at gun shows, but then again I'm not going trying to find every negative thing I can find while I'm there. You are around like minded people, you get to see some eye candy(guns you don't have). If you stay at home, your wife is going to find something for you to do. Most likely, something your not going to like.

This is why I didn't get to come hang out at the gun show yesterday...She Who Must be Obeyed (wife) gave me a list of things to do; none of which really interested me. Today is more of the same. I guess she thinks I like to weed the garden, plants more plants, and do yardwork in general. I'd move to an apartment or a condo with no lawn or garden in a heartbeat if she'd let me,:bolt:

berserk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Twelve dollars to get in and a third of the tables had no guns at all,,,
I have no interest in buying anti-bacterial sponges,,,
If I want lavender oil I'll go to Wal Mart.

That $12.00 was after a $2.00 discount coupon.

This is the third disappointing show by RK,,,
I'll not be attending another one.

The shows are smaller,,,
But Bad Shot's shows have guns,,,
And the admission fee of $6.00 is reasonable.

Color me burned once too often.

Aarond

I haven't been for years, but the only good deals I would usually find was from ONE vendor that would occasionally be there and that was SGAMMO. I also found a minty Chicom SKS for a steal, a rem 870 and some AK mags, and thats about it after probably 30-40 shows.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, the RK shows are way overpriced for what they offer. As an avid and consistent Tulsa gunshow attendee for many years (have been on both sides of the tables), I'm slowly not attending anymore. Started with Metcalf and now RK. To my knowledge, that leaves Diener and Wanenmachers but IMO the Diener shows aren't what they used to be either so they may be next.

Latest posts

Top Bottom