I'm Not Into Milsurp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
But this is cool!

tapatalk_1473931566.png

Fr Mulcahy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The M1 carbine looks to be a replica. Nothing wrong with that.

I have always wondered why there isn't a civilian version of the M1 Garand, similar to what they've done for the carbine. Maybe it's too expensive compared to CMP prices, but about 15 years ago the AutoOrdnance and Kahr carbines were about what the CMP was selling beat-up carbines for.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I have always wondered why there isn't a civilian version of the M1 Garand, similar to what they've done for the carbine. Maybe it's too expensive compared to CMP prices, but about 15 years ago the AutoOrdnance and Kahr carbines were about what the CMP was selling beat-up carbines for.

Springfield Armory (the new SA) made a run of M1 rifles in the mid 2000s for a year or two. Fulton Armory made them, too...maybe still does.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Probably because the M1A is a superior design, and still steel / wood.

Latest posts

Top Bottom