I'm sad to say. . . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny ... that's EXACTLY what Jerome was thinking when he pulled that second gun out ... :rolleyes2

(BTW, you do know that attorneys are not above having their staff scurry around the internetz just looking for stuff like this that you posted ... WAY, WAY, WAY before you kilt that SOB, right?? Dude, premeditation is an ugly taskmaster ... )

but you are no where close. A hypothetical situation discussed in a forum is a far distance from a premeditation for murder. And in Ersland's case the kid was obviously down & out. In the situation I was discussing it was a Mexican standoff. The Bad Guy was still next to his weapon where he could grab for it and thus was still a real threat.

Last edited by a moderator:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
but you are no where close. A hypothetical situation discussed in a forum is a far distance from a premeditation for murder. And in Ersland's case the kid was obviously down & out. In the situation I was discussing it was a Mexican standoff. The Bad Guy was still next to his weapon where he could grab for it and thus was still a real threat.

Yep, I figured that was what you would say. Know that saying that some folks are their own worst enemy??

And danggit ... Apparently I missed the best part of your post! :lmfao:

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you can't shoot some one who is no longer a threat because they wont put your cuffs on

Last edited by a moderator:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My opinion is that the good guy can toss a pair of cuffs at the bad guy being held at gun point and tell him to put them on and he better do it right then. If if I tell a guy I'm holding at gun point to stand on one foot and rub his belly with one hand while patting his head with the other... he darn well better do it. He'll do whatever he is told to do immediately or suffer the consequences. He forfieted any consideration from me when he attacked me with a weapon.

Holy crap. That paragraph is so full of stupid you gotta be trolling...

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are not talking about LEO's making arrests.. we are talking a civillian acting in self defense while in fear of serious injury or the loss of his / her life... there is a very big difference. If you had just attacked me with a weapon and I got the drop on you with mine.. yes, I would shoot you immediately if you refused to do exactly what I told you to do when I told you to do it. F-you would be the very last thing you would ever want to come out of your mouth.

I've got no problem with someone not taking any chances in a Self Defense situation. Say there is a situation where a good guy gets the drop on a bad guy who was armed with a weapon and tells him to drop his weapon... that would still leave a weapon close at hand for the bad guy to suddenly grab for. Also, there might be more than one BG to be worried about.

My opinion is that the good guy can toss a pair of cuffs at the bad guy being held at gun point and tell him to put them on and he better do it right then. If if I tell a guy I'm holding at gun point to stand on one foot and rub his belly with one hand while patting his head with the other... he darn well better do it. He'll do whatever he is told to do immediately or suffer the consequences. He forfieted any consideration from me when he attacked me with a weapon.

Quoted for prosperity, and future reference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom