I'm sad to say. . . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen the "CCW badge" offered for sale online and in the gun rags so I'm wondering how the OP was able to determine to a certainty, i.e. was able to read the small print, that it was a "CCW Badge" rather than a legitimate badge. Personally, I think I'd have to be within arm's length and I don't see doing that to any armed person that I don't know.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
who cares if the old guy wants to wear handcuffs. He has every right in the world to do so and it's not illegal. You guys surprise me sometimes, you will get on your pulpit and yell and scream about your rights this and your rights that, but when a guy actually exercises his rights you pick him apart, call him names, make fun of him, and so on. If you don't like what he is doing fine, just don't do it yourself. I can tell you this for certainty though you will probably encounter a situation where you have to restrain someone more often than you will have to shoot and kill someone. Handcuffs are not a bad idea for LEO's or civilian alike.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lady friend who happens to be Native told me about seeing a group of OC guys on the OKC news this morning. She described them as "a bunch of old fat white guys with guns on". Didn't sound like she was too impressed.

Cedar Creek

I saw that same thing on the tv. I said "those guys look just like me".

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lady friend who happens to be Native told me about seeing a group of OC guys on the OKC news this morning. She described them as "a bunch of old fat white guys with guns on". Didn't sound like she was too impressed.
Hey I resemble that remark. Looked like y'all who got to go had fun wish I could have joined you.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
who cares if the old guy wants to wear handcuffs. He has every right in the world to do so and it's not illegal. You guys surprise me sometimes, you will get on your pulpit and yell and scream about your rights this and your rights that, but when a guy actually exercises his rights you pick him apart, call him names, make fun of him, and so on. If you don't like what he is doing fine, just don't do it yourself. I can tell you this for certainty though you will probably encounter a situation where you have to restrain someone more often than you will have to shoot and kill someone. Handcuffs are not a bad idea for LEO's or civilian alike.

I like my S&W model 100's

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen the "CCW badge" offered for sale online and in the gun rags so I'm wondering how the OP was able to determine to a certainty, i.e. was able to read the small print, that it was a "CCW Badge" rather than a legitimate badge. Personally, I think I'd have to be within arm's length and I don't see doing that to any armed person that I don't know.
he was about two feet from me on the other side of a gas pump.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i was under the impression you are an leo . You can' t really believe trying to cuff some one is a good idea for a civilian gun toter ,let alone elderly man who can barely shuffle around

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having a CC /OC badge is lame for sure... but I haven't got a problem with someone who is physically weak who might want to carry a pair of handcuffs out of view in their pocket or purse.

Heaven forbid you should ever have to draw your weapon in self defense... should you manage to stop & hold a Bad Guy for the police.. being able to toss him a pair of handcuffs to snap on himself or have someone else snap on him might have its advantages. The longer you have to sit there with your gun trained on the BG while waiting on the police, the more chance you have of a accidental discharge due to a adrinaline rush... or the bad guy trying to rush the good guy or one of his family members.

Even when police shoot a bad guy and he is badly hurt, they will many times go ahead and handcuff him while waiting on the ambulance... and then leave him handcuffed for the ride to the hospital. Some jurisdictions have required their officers to handcuff BG's who were believed to have been killed in police shootouts. As there was always a remote chance the guy wasn't dead and would suddenly revive.

My feeling is that cuffs weigh about as much as a loaded 13 rd magazine for my Glock 23. I'd rather have more ammo.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having a CC /OC badge is lame for sure... but I haven't got a problem with someone who is physically weak who might want to carry a pair of handcuffs out of view in their pocket or purse.

Heaven forbid you should ever have to draw your weapon in self defense... should you manage to stop & hold a Bad Guy for the police.. being able to toss him a pair of handcuffs to snap on himself or have someone else snap on him might have its advantages. The longer you have to sit there with your gun trained on the BG while waiting on the police, the more chance you have of a accidental discharge due to a adrinaline rush... or the bad guy trying to rush the good guy or one of his family members.

Even when police shoot a bad guy and he is badly hurt, they will many times go ahead and handcuff him while waiting on the ambulance... and then leave him handcuffed for the ride to the hospital. Some jurisdictions have required their officers to handcuff BG's who were believed to have been killed in police shootouts. As there was always a remote chance the guy wasn't dead and would suddenly revive.

My feeling is that cuffs weigh about as much as a loaded 13 rd magazine for my Glock 23. I'd rather have more ammo.
if you tossed me a pair of cuffs and told me to put them on i'd tell you to f yourself,you gonna shoot me for not obeying your command? if you try to cuff me i'll kill you.leave that for police it's probably the most dangerous part of an arrest thats why they use multiple officers with knee on the head etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom