I'm sad to say. . . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
who cares if the old guy wants to wear handcuffs. He has every right in the world to do so and it's not illegal. You guys surprise me sometimes, you will get on your pulpit and yell and scream about your rights this and your rights that, but when a guy actually exercises his rights you pick him apart, call him names, make fun of him, and so on. If you don't like what he is doing fine, just don't do it yourself. I can tell you this for certainty though you will probably encounter a situation where you have to restrain someone more often than you will have to shoot and kill someone. Handcuffs are not a bad idea for LEO's or civilian alike.

I totally agree. Would I wear a CCW badge and handcuffs? No. Is it illegal? No. Was he a polite man? Was he creating a scene other than just walking with those items on? I fail to see how he is a douche. How many threads have been on here about acting a certain way when OC is legal to be an ambassador to the "uninformed"? How was he really acting? For all the threads worrying about how the "sheeple" will react the elitist CCW/OC/gun owners have thrown the biggest fit. What do some of you want? Oh we want Constitutional carry, however you have to look a certain way, train a certain way, and only wear certain items or you are doing it all wrong.

RatTerrier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey I resemble that remark. Looked like y'all who got to go had fun wish I could have joined you.

They didn't go out to dinner/breakfast to try and impress anyone. They went out to celebrate the 1st day of Open Carry and they went out as responsible law abiding citizens exercising their new right to open carry and to have a nice time out together...and they did just that. Heck, I'da liked to have been there myself, I'm always down for a midnight burger!! But when I have to be gettin up at 4:30am I just couldn't get out there.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They didn't go out to dinner/breakfast to try and impress anyone. They went out to celebrate the 1st day of Open Carry and they went out as responsible law abiding citizens exercising their new right to open carry and to have a nice time out together...and they did just that. Heck, I'da liked to have been there myself, I'm always down for a midnight burger!! But when I have to be gettin up at 4:30am I just couldn't get out there.
I agree they did not go out to impress people except the guy carrying the big gun that was just a bit over the illegal side. I wanted to go but did not have money for gas or coffee.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if you tossed me a pair of cuffs and told me to put them on i'd tell you to f yourself,you gonna shoot me for not obeying your command? if you try to cuff me i'll kill you.leave that for police it's probably the most dangerous part of an arrest thats why they use multiple officers with knee on the head etc.

We are not talking about LEO's making arrests.. we are talking a civillian acting in self defense while in fear of serious injury or the loss of his / her life... there is a very big difference. If you had just attacked me with a weapon and I got the drop on you with mine.. yes, I would shoot you immediately if you refused to do exactly what I told you to do when I told you to do it. F-you would be the very last thing you would ever want to come out of your mouth.

I've got no problem with someone not taking any chances in a Self Defense situation. Say there is a situation where a good guy gets the drop on a bad guy who was armed with a weapon and tells him to drop his weapon... that would still leave a weapon close at hand for the bad guy to suddenly grab for. Also, there might be more than one BG to be worried about.

My opinion is that the good guy can toss a pair of cuffs at the bad guy being held at gun point and tell him to put them on and he better do it right then. If if I tell a guy I'm holding at gun point to stand on one foot and rub his belly with one hand while patting his head with the other... he darn well better do it. He'll do whatever he is told to do immediately or suffer the consequences. He forfieted any consideration from me when he attacked me with a weapon.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
he was about two feet from me on the other side of a gas pump.

Thanks for the clarification on the circumstances. I now have a better understanding. No matter our opinions on the guy's choice to wear the badge/cuffs, I think most of us would agree the guy does not have an understanding of irony.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ha ha ha ha. Did I hurt your feelings?

On a serious note, why do you think he was carrying cuffs?

You can't hurt my feelings. For that to be possible I'd have to care what you think.

And, who cares why he's carrying handcuffs? He's not breaking any laws so why do people like you make an issue of such things?

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are not talking about LEO's making arrests.. we are talking a civillian acting in self defense while in fear of serious injury or the loss of his / her life... there is a very big difference. If you had just attacked me with a weapon and I got the drop on you with mine.. yes, I would shoot you immediately if you refused to do exactly what I told you to do when I told you to do it. F-you would be the very last thing you would ever want to come out of your mouthQUOTE]

then you would spend the rest of your life playing checkers with jerome ersland

Last edited:

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are not talking about LEO's making arrests.. we are talking a civillian acting in self defense while in fear of serious injury or the loss of his / her life... there is a very big difference. If you had just attacked me with a weapon and I got the drop on you with mine.. yes, I would shoot you immediately if you refused to do exactly what I told you to do when I told you to do it. F-you would be the very last thing you would ever want to come out of your mouth.

I've got no problem with someone not taking any chances in a Self Defense situation. Say there is a situation where a good guy gets the drop on a bad guy who was armed with a weapon and tells him to drop his weapon... that would still leave a weapon close at hand for the bad guy to suddenly grab for. Also, there might be more than one BG to be worried about.

My opinion is that the good guy can toss a pair of cuffs at the bad guy being held at gun point and tell him to put them on and he better do it right then. If if I tell a guy I'm holding at gun point to stand on one foot and rub his belly with one hand while patting his head with the other... he darn well better do it. He'll do whatever he is told to do immediately or suffer the consequences. He forfieted any consideration from me when he attacked me with a weapon.

Holy jumpin' cow bells!! THis is the mentality of the Open Carry people. What the freak are you gonna do when he snatches your pistol away from you and orders you to put the handcuffs on and rub your belly???

Son, these are real guns. These aren't cap guns, these go bang and shoot people dead.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i was under the impression you are an leo . You can' t really believe trying to cuff some one is a good idea for a civilian gun toter ,let alone elderly man who can barely shuffle around
I say if the old fart has lived that long he has earned the right to wear whatever he wants. I am of the positon that he can do all of these things as long as he does not wear anything that says police, or tells someone that he is a police officer or law enforcement. If he wants to wear a CCW badg, Sash, Flashing Neon Light, rolling LED screen, while strapped and carrying a set of handcuffs who am I to judge.

Latest posts

Top Bottom