Impressive skills chopper pilot, watch after he dumps the concrete.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine was working at a hospital in Houston back in the early '80s when they had a big refinery (IIRC) fire. They had birds stacked bringing patients to the hospital. He said you could tell the one ex-military pilot in the bunch. The rest of them would come in, flare out, and gingerly set down, but this guy would come screaming in, slam her on the deck, never slow his rotors, then pull pitch to go back and get more. He figured the guy must've been a dustoff pilot in 'Nam.
Reminds me of the airshows I have attended. One in Muskogee in the early 80's I saw the air force fighter pilots come in and take long approaches then lightly touch down. There were two Tomcat pilots that showed up one year. It was so funny watching them land. They'd turn left on final at a really sharp 90 then look like they were going to flair like the air force guys then WHAM! slamming them on the deck. I really loved talking to those guys! I told one pilot I would give my left nut to get shot off the cat with one of them in the Tomcat and my right nut to land with all the big parts still onboard.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always liked the saying “helicopters don’t actually fly, they just beat the air into submission.”
I had a friend graduated ROTC with me who went to Ft Rucker. He said the first thing they taught him was a helicopter is a loose assemblage of aeronautical parts all moving in the same general direction.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a friend graduated ROTC with me who went to Ft Rucker. He said the first thing they taught him was a helicopter is a loose assemblage of aeronautical parts all moving in the same general direction.
Someone once told me that Army helicopter pilots are all about a half a bubble off plumb, and I have yet to meet one who disproved that. But they all have the most hellacious stories.

One of them was the guy who told me the three most terrifying things you can hear in the military are an Ensign saying, “I’m in charge here,” a 2nd Lieutenant with a map and a compass saying, “follow me, I know the way,” and a chief warrant officer in a helicopter saying, “lemme show you something you ain’t never seen before.”

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone once told me that Army helicopter pilots are all about a half a bubble off plumb, and I have yet to meet one who disproved that. But they all have the most hellacious stories.

One of them was the guy who told me the three most terrifying things you can hear in the military are an Ensign saying, “I’m in charge here,” a 2nd Lieutenant with a map and a compass saying, “follow me, I know the way,” and a chief warrant officer in a helicopter saying, “lemme show you something you ain’t never seen before.”

A friend of mine has gone on a couple of helicopter hog hunts with 2 different pilots. He said both of them were batcrap crazy. The 2 shooters and pilot have headsets on so they can communicate to each other. One of the pilots had hard rock music bluetoothed into their headsets and the entire time they were in the air he was constantly cracking jokes, trash talking the hogs and the shooters. He said it took about 5 minutes to get over being scared sh#@less and being in awe of the pilots ability. Going on one of these hog hunts is on my bucket list

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Sorta like a DC3. About 100,000 rivets flying around in loose formation.

Woody

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine has gone on a couple of helicopter hog hunts with 2 different pilots. He said both of them were batcrap crazy. The 2 shooters and pilot have headsets on so they can communicate to each other. One of the pilots had hard rock music bluetoothed into their headsets and the entire time they were in the air he was constantly cracking jokes, trash talking the hogs and the shooters. He said it took about 5 minutes to get over being scared sh#@less and being in awe of the pilots ability. Going on one of these hog hunts is on my bucket list
Ha! From that description, I'd put it near the end of the list.

You know, just in case... :D
:drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom