1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

In God We Trust

Discussion in 'News Links' started by Timmy59, Jul 26, 2019.

1. druryj

druryj Super Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Uh oh, how am I gonna get outta this hole? I didn't mean to dig it so deep...
    dig.png

2. Aries

Aries Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    From The Cowboy's Guide to Life:

"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'."

Snattlerake, kwaynem and druryj like this.
  3. TerryMiller

TerryMiller Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Just to touch on a couple of things, even a Muslim believes in God. They just call him Allah, but Jews, Muslims, and Christians all worship the "God of Abraham," so we all worship the same God. We just worship Him in different ways, not all of which are pleasing to others.

And, as for atheism, the Supreme Court deemed atheism as a religion many years ago. Just as many of us have faith in God, atheists just have a faith that there isn't a God.

DavidMcMillan likes this.
  4. Tanis143

Tanis143 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'm just trying to give everyone a different perspective. Like I said, I do not want to take away anyone's ability to worship how they see fit (again, as long as it causes no harm to others, one of the main reasons I'm completely against sharia law) but I also don't like showing favoritism. There are days I wish there was no such thing as religion, but then I think to myself that we would just find another reason to argue and bicker and fight.

5. DavidMcMillan

DavidMcMillan Enjoy your life!

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Today's society shows us what it would be like if there were no religion. We have a couple hundred versions of gender, racism, homophobia, gang violence, drug misuse, people embezzling funds due to uncontrolled gambling habits, and on and on. With no concept of right and wrong, our basic nature of selfishness takes over and we don't care about anyone other than ourselves. If you have what I want, it's fine for me to take it. I saw a saying recently that we have 70,000 pages of laws because we didn't want to follow ten commandments written on two stone tablets.

I wish we could go back to the days when we started each school day with the Pledge of Allegiance to Our flag, and a prayer. We sure didn't have many of the major problems we have today.

"As for me and my house, we will follow the Lord"

TerryMiller, kwaynem and Timmy59 like this.
  6. Tanis143

Tanis143 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    With the exception of gender fluidity, all those other problems existed back then, just was not reported on as much because there were not cell phones taking pictures/video every time it happened. Religion does not make people good, nor does lack of religion make people bad. People are going to be what they want regardless of their professed religion. This has been true through out history and still true today.

I will agree that consequences haven't been in style for quite a while, but I saw that same behavior in church when I was young. Children allowed to run rampant without any discipline. Far left ideology that disciplining your children is bad for them is the biggest cause. I will say that religion does offer structure that kids need growing up, but it is not the only way to provide structure.

7. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    "Never squat with yer spurs on." and "Never drink downstream from the herd."

I have the same book.

8. lasher

lasher Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    the 2 cent piece first had IGWT on it, 1864

receiving barracks at MCRD used to have a sign hanging over the entrance, it said "God, Country, Corps" , it has been changed years back to some meaningless drivel similar to the boy scout motto. total BS...every muslim could die tomorrow and i wouldn't shed a tear, then we could get back to feeding christians to the lions, real blood sports!

9. lasher

lasher Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    dennishoddy likes this.
  10. Tanis143

Tanis143 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Now this I could get behind. The only downside? We would have to only carry 10 round mags due to the areas they like to populate.

dennishoddy likes this.