1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

In God We Trust

Discussion in 'News Links' started by Timmy59, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Neckbeard

Neckbeard Ammo For Sale

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Its takes just as much faith to try and prove their is no GOD than to prove there is a GOD. From my dealings with pronounced atheist most are mad at GOD about something. Friend got hurt, Mom died of cancer, mean people at church when they were kids. Hence their desire to prove GOD is not real and convert as many people as possible to their beliefs. IE their religion. There is a fair amount of other people for different reasons that claim to be an atheist but most don't put much effort into it.

My experience is agnostics are much more common. These are people who never thought about it or don't want to think to deeply. Let them be and they will let you be and everyone will be happy. I would say those are really the only nonreligious group in the USA.

2. O4L

O4L Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Sorry, I have to disagree with you here.

I don't believe that all three religions believe in and worship the same God.

This site explains it well...

https://www.gotquestions.org/same-God.html

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  3. druryj

druryj Super Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    [QUOTE: TerryMiller]
    Just to touch on a couple of things, even a Muslim believes in God. They just call him Allah, but Jews, Muslims, and Christians all worship the "God of Abraham," so we all worship the same God. We just worship Him in different ways, not all of which are pleasing to others.
    And, as for atheism, the Supreme Court deemed atheism as a religion many years ago. Just as many of us have faith in God, atheists just have a faith that there isn't a God.[
    UNQUOTE]

I don't think we do. Allah may translate to GOD in Arabic or whatever, but by no stretch of the imagination is he the same God recognized by Christians. The name may be the same, but there the resemblance ends. I don't think my Christian God smiles at the beheading of someone whose only mistake was being captured by radical islamic crazies, or by blowing up a school bus full of jewish kids, or by any acts of terrorism.

DRC458 likes this.
  4. filbert

filbert Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    They didn't rely on god, they relied on the Enlightment, which had seen 1700 years of Christianity destroy Europe. And keep Kings in power who claimed they were chosen by the Christian god. You have no clue what you are talking about.

5. druryj

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Well, if you're going to tell the man he has no clue what he's talking about, you are going to need some sources to back your claim up. Or perhaps this is really just your opinion? i kind of think he is at least partly right. For one, I don't believe Europe was destroyed. And secondly, many European kings of this age were rulers by birthright, not because of some claim of divine interference.

Please tell me why this is wrong; I have an open mind; but provide something besides just a blanket statement of "you have no idea what you're talking about".

kwaynem likes this.
  6. filbert

filbert Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    It will be moved/closed when you all realize that we don't trust in god, and this nation was not founded on Christianity.

7. Cowcatcher

Cowcatcher Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    It will never be "moved/closed" then.

Neckbeard, kwaynem and Snattlerake like this.
  8. druryj

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Well, not for those reasons anyway. As long as we keep it civil, it’s fine. Just remember that’s it’s okay to attack the topic but not each other and it’s all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowcatcher likes this.
  9. Neckbeard

Neckbeard Ammo For Sale

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    kwaynem likes this.
  10. TerryMiller

TerryMiller Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Can I use your own "debate tactics" and claim that you don't know the history of this country? Religion, specifically Christianity, goes back to the Pilgrims and others that settled in the New Land. It also had a play in the founding of the country and even its founding documents by the attitudes of the founders. There are lots of quotes by them indicating that Christianity was important. Even Ben Franklin, not to be considered to be a Christian, believed in a God and once spoke to the others about going back to praying before each day's work.

druryj and kwaynem like this.