In or Out??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No kidding ... I remember when he first hit SB (before his blog). Made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

GC is in the same boat you are. Here's what I did: Mark the calendar for 25 days AFTER you refill your Rx. Then call and refill it on that 25th day, instead of waiting til the end of the month. Then mark your calendar for 25 days later again, not the typical 30 days. It took me a while but last time I inventoried his meds he had several months worth of medication put back.

i told my doc, i was gonna be away for a month and needed an extra month of meds just in case. Got 2 months supply, no problem.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Generally, I think terms of fighting my way to my kids and then home. I figure I can pick up the wife on the way, or not. Either way, the kids are number 1. After that, we have a little better than a half section of land 6 miles from town. We always have a good supply of food on hand and plenty of means to obtain. Artesian well on the place for water, too. It tests out safe enough to drink. My inlaws are close and like minded, so they will be joining the party.---mI just hope it doesn't turn into the Donner party!

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No kidding ... I remember when he first hit SB (before his blog). Made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

GC is in the same boat you are. Here's what I did: Mark the calendar for 25 days AFTER you refill your Rx. Then call and refill it on that 25th day, instead of waiting til the end of the month. Then mark your calendar for 25 days later again, not the typical 30 days. It took me a while but last time I inventoried his meds he had several months worth of medication put back.

Good idea, BB.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i told my doc, i was gonna be away for a month and needed an extra month of meds just in case. Got 2 months supply, no problem.

I thought about doing that, but I didn't want to have to pay for it out of pocket (yes, I'm a tightwad). Our insurance only covers a 30 day supply at a time ... I miss the days when you could get 90 days' worth for only one co-pay ... :(

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
yep, gotta be flexible. Ideally I would bug-in until the "Panic" settles then get into a more isolated area.Dont' forget your neighbors are only 9 meals away from murdering you for your food.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably bug in, if possible. Soon, I hope to have a good supply of water, some food, and a source of limited power. Of course plenty of guns and ammo.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd probably "bug-around." We live in an RV and I'd just follow this list of OSA preppers that I'm compiling and stock up as I go. Everyone knows that OSA members are always ready to help out fellow OSA'ers.

Shouldn't even have to trade "precious metals" like lead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom