In what kinds of crime were you the victim? And why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
House in Memphis broken into...nearly cleaned out of electronics but a neighbor interrupted them in the act and they ran (drove the getaway van through the front yard and a few flower beds)

Hit and run here in Tulsa. I chased her down and she stopped then provided false documents. I got to eat that whole ordeal (no license, old insurance policy number and paper plates).

I used to live in Memphis. After the first kid arrived, we started paying more attention to the amount of crime. Started feeling a sense of doom. Actually got a little panicky. Bailed as fast as we could, especially before we got involved with the school system. Drove across the bridge honking horn and high 5ing. Memphis in your rearview mirror is a wonderful thing to see.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Attempted bike theft when I was 12ish. Bike was stolen a couple of years later. Subwoofers and amps stolen by a “friend” when I was 17. Car window broken and I interrupted a thief at gunpoint just after turning 21. Motorcycle stolen in 2008. From 2009 to 2014 I had an automotive shop in North Tulsa, and interrupted well over a dozen attempted thefts, resulting in two arrests and one hospitalization (after being OC sprayed and hit with a car). Now I live in the country and have had no problems other than some unauthorized bank transfers. To answer the "why?," it was because of lack of security barriers and location.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The worse was getting my soft top cut while in the movies, door wasn't even locked. Then they broke the center console instead of pushing the button and stole the sunflower seeds, a cheap $5 Multitool, a partial set of light bulbs and fuses in a small can. Walked up on them and they tried to convince me it was their Jeep. Rent A Cop stopped by and they didn't know enough to run away before the real deal showed up. Took the officers who showed up 5 minutes to listen to them about me holding a knife. My defense was to have the officer pull my key from my pocket and start the engine. After that the young 20 year olds got to learn a lesson.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to live in Memphis. After the first kid arrived, we started paying more attention to the amount of crime. Started feeling a sense of doom. Actually got a little panicky. Bailed as fast as we could, especially before we got involved with the school system. Drove across the bridge honking horn and high 5ing. Memphis in your rearview mirror is a wonderful thing to see.
I said the same of Medicine Lodge Kansas once. I didn't leave a thing there except bad memories.

STS11

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1990 we were broken into and robbed. They stole Christmas gifts and all guns. I had photographed the guns. Sent the photos to USAA.
USAA called me from San Antonio to discuss the robbery. They asked if one of the guns was a S&W , mod 60. The lady that I was talking
said, "I have a new S&W mod 60 in my desk. Would it be ok if I sent it to you?" I was very surprised. She sent to me a new Mod 60, and
a check for the rest of the guns. I still have that gun.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I brought home a coworker for supper. He was here from the Dallas office to assist me in installing a big project. He visited my 15 year old daughter's bedroom for a few minutes. I had him cuffed and was sitting on him in the front yard waiting on OCPD. Forty minutes later of him apologizing and crying they arrived. One confession and sixteen years later he got out and moved to Texas. I still to this day have no idea why he did what he did and could even think he could do it to my daughter in my home.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

As the story goes, my dad came home from work one day and told my mom he had been offered a promotion that required relocating away from Memphis. She said we'll take it. He said I haven't told you where it is though. She said I don't care, we're getting the hell out of Memphis. Ended up being to Indianapolis area...what a crazy difference between the two. I still go back and visit my friend...but I'll be honest I do the tourist thing and stay at their place on a golf course in Bartlett. I have no use for Raleigh or Frayser.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I brought home a coworker for supper. He was here from the Dallas office to assist me in installing a big project. He visited my 15 year old daughter's bedroom for a few minutes. I had him cuffed and was sitting on him in the front yard waiting on OCPD. Forty minutes later of him apologizing and crying they arrived. One confession and sixteen years later he got out and moved to Texas. I still to this day have no idea why he did what he did and could even think he could do it to my daughter in my home.

I'd be in jail, not him.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While working for a Holiday Inn during my college days, I was robbed one night. I can still see how big that barrel was that was pointing at me over the top of the cash register.

Latest posts

Top Bottom