Info on a shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a "Springfield Savage Arms" 16 ga. single shot that was my grandfathers and then my fathers. Basically it has no model # anywhere on the gun. Plastic or nylon stock and forearm, 2 3/4 choke. It amazes me that there is no model or other information but I'm just curious what it's worth (if anything). The stock is cracked and has been since at least the late 40's or early 50's. I've kept it in a safe for the last 30+ years and have only taken it out to clean and oil.

I can post pics if needed but am curious if anyone knows anything about the shotgun.

Thanks

fishn&huntn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
no serial # either im guessing.I have a 22-410 and a 410 with plastic stocks.they are not worth much except to you.the 410 was my great grandma`s varmit killer

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No serial #'s anywhere. Very little in the way of information. I realize it probably isn't worth much at all----I'm just curious what it IS worth.

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing on e-parts; the only ones listed are 2 shot 16 guage.

I'll probably check out the book at the library.

I'll also take some pictures and post them.

Thanks

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I called Springfield today and gave them all the information on the shotgun; they called back and informed me that it was NOT manufactured by them.

They referred me to the Springfield Museum of Firearms. I have a call into them.

Seems strange that it clearly states "Springfield Savage Arms" but evidently that is not Springfield.

I'll take and post a few pics later.

Latest posts

Top Bottom