Information on selling collection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can look in to Durysguns.com. Buying collections is a big part of their business. For sizeable collections they'll even travel to you to appraise them and arrange transport. Worth looking in to to at least get a quote.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Elaborate, please.
There have been reports of people, presumably alphabets, increasingly trying to do things like solicit sales across state lines, people "letting slip" that there might be cause to not trust them in a private sale but them asking to continue anyways. Things like that. Essentially probing the people behind the listing to try to get them to agree to something illegal.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked at the Cabelas in WA and for a collection like that, they will come to your house. Can you get more by selling individually? Yes, but if you want to get rid of a bunch at once Cabelas is not a bad way to go.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About ten years ago I shared a table at Wanemacher's selling off a few guns to fund my recent unemployment. One guy fondling a Glock mentioned he is in the Air Force and from Florida. I reached over and took the Glock out of his hand while telling him I couldn't sell it to him, that would be illegal. I'm pretty sure it was a test. Be sure you know the laws in case you are tested too.
I've been to a few gun auctions. I quit going because the prices were so high. As a seller, that's what you want. If I had a collection the size of yours to sell I'd definitely go the auction route.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There have been reports of people, presumably alphabets, increasingly trying to do things like solicit sales across state lines, people "letting slip" that there might be cause to not trust them in a private sale but them asking to continue anyways. Things like that. Essentially probing the people behind the listing to try to get them to agree to something illegal.

I've heard the rumors. But the poster said he'd experienced it himself. I'd like to know as many details as he's comfortable giving.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had someone “interested” in a firearm I had for sale a few months ago. He said he was in Dallas, but would drive up for the sale. I told him I only wanted to sell to OK residents. Crickets after that.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Elaborate, please.
I had a lower for sale, guy tells me by PM he is from "Colorado" and he would meet me 1/2 way,
I said your asking me to illegally sell a gun to an out of state buyer, he said oh I need to change my profile location which was Washington st. He then tried to tell me he was in state.
Then I said if you were in state then why is it meeting 1/2 way out of state?
Zero feedback. Dropped off the forum after that (not OSA) since 2/2014 until 8/2020 he posted once it looks like.
I called him out in an open forum as a fed rat trying to entrap me, silence for 6 yrs or so.

I have had one other that I felt like it was a trap. I know guys that have flipped a bunch of guns and get no donut and coffee meetings and questioned and told to stop or get a FFL.
One here in Tulsa area is doing time from several years ago.
I don't see how several guys on here flip guns by the dozens every month.
They either don't care about 10 yrs of fpmita prison or maybe they are trying to entrap people.

Latest posts

Top Bottom