Installing cell booster on truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got tired of having garbage cell reception when hunting or out shooting, ordered a WeBoost Drive OTR to mount on my 2019 Ram 1500. Hoping it's not too much of a PITA to install... Anybody done one of these? I hate working on cars... well, I don't hate working on them, I'm just really good at screwing something up when I do!

drivereachotr-newantenna.jpg

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate brain tumors more...I'd only flip that thing on when I really needed it if you spend much time in the car otherwise (especially if you have a car seat-aged kid in the backseat).

Probably easy to install; maybe look for a you toob vid

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got tired of having garbage cell reception when hunting or out shooting, ordered a WeBoost Drive OTR to mount on my 2019 Ram 1500. Hoping it's not too much of a PITA to install... Anybody done one of these? I hate working on cars... well, I don't hate working on them, I'm just really good at screwing something up when I do!

drivereachotr-newantenna.jpg
Problem I've found with most cell boosters is you need a signal to boost. If I had a signal, I wouldn't need to boost it :D. I've never had luck with them. Only ones that worked for me were the ones you hook up to your home internet so you get a "signal" via the internet that just gets rebroadcast as a cell signal. With wifi calling, I don't need those anymore either.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Problem I've found with most cell boosters is you need a signal to boost. If I had a signal, I wouldn't need to boost it :D. I've never had luck with them. Only ones that worked for me were the ones you hook up to your home internet so you get a "signal" via the internet that just gets rebroadcast as a cell signal. With wifi calling, I don't need those anymore either.

Theyre great for metal buildings, but that is the only time I have used them. You cant really expect anything much better than the signal received by the booster, but it is a great way to work around the barrier of a bunch of steel between you and that signal.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Theyre great for metal buildings, but that is the only time I have used them. You cant really expect anything much better than the signal received by the booster, but it is a great way to work around the barrier of a bunch of steel between you and that signal.

We had them at work (middle of a metal building) and they did work in that use case. Had them at home (didn't work), internet cell repeater (worked)

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought about purchasing one for my ranch which is down in the Canadian River Valley approx. 20 miles as the crow flies from the nearest cell tower...I can get spotty reception at best....let us know how yours work out...

Latest posts

Top Bottom