Interest in finishing your own AR Lower Receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe you could give us an IDEA or pricerange here, so some of the people who want to be on the list can start saving up with a goal in mine? I mean, are we looking at the $100-200 per piece range, or the $350-500 per piece range?

Just curious.

I, too, like the fact that you are doing it right from the get-go. Helluva job, man!

JTruel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe you could give us an IDEA or pricerange here, so some of the people who want to be on the list can start saving up with a goal in mine? I mean, are we looking at the $100-200 per piece range, or the $350-500 per piece range?

Just curious.

I, too, like the fact that you are doing it right from the get-go. Helluva job, man!

X2 I'd be in for at least 1.. more if the price is reasonable.

OKC_Gunsmith

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Price will be based off of actual machine time / finishing and material costs. I can't see these being anywhere near the $500 range, but they will certainly be above the $100 mark. I will be offering a price special when we first offer these to the public both in 80% and 100% form. I refuse to cut corners in quality just to save money, and as a result they will be more then you can buy a base forged lower. However, I'm planning on staying under the $250 mark wholesale and initial offering, and as I streamline production I may be able to trim that down even more. With this in mind, what do you feel is a fair price in both 80% and 100% variants for lowers like these?

Extra's include:
Ability to put custom artwork on your lower
Option of bead blast or polished finish / multiple types of anodizing. MilSpec type III hardcoat, to custom color and splash jobs.
Ability to make your own completed lower from 80%
A few more performance goodies that have yet to be revealed. (Blanked out on the renderings I've posted thus far)

Also I'm not sure if I've mentioned this yet or not, but we will be offering these as matched sets once production starts on uppers.
I've attached a couple pictures of the assembled upper and lower for your purview.

i49.tinypic.com_woeoo.png

i49.tinypic.com_besfww.png

OKC_Gunsmith

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, the lowers came back from being broached and I don't have good news. The corners are galled up and overall quality is unacceptable.
I'm working with the company now to solve this issue and believe we have a way to correct it. I'll be sending another test batch next week and see how they turn out.
In the mean time, I'll finish creating these and use them for torture testing as I deem them unfit for sale. The good news is, the mags fit beautifully and the only issues are aesthetics.

I'll keep everyone updated as things progress.

i48.tinypic.com_5p4vq1.png

i45.tinypic.com_24cv23a.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom